Multiple Google Calendars

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
When setting up Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8 GDR2 with Amber) - on the Google Sync page (m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig) the 1020 phone isn't showing up.. so there is no page to change settings.

As a result, on the 1020, only the main calendar is visible. Shared calendars are not available.

Has anyone seen this problem? :crying:

Have you already added your google account credentials in "Settings" -> "email + accounts" and let it sync at least once? Your phone won't show up on that google sync page unless it's synced at least once with your google account.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the Ativ S Neo last week and had the opposite problem. I manage a Google Apps domain for my family and when I added my account to the Neo, everyone's calendar got pulled down to my phone. I had to turn off 5 calendars since I didn't want their stuff cluttering up my phone.

hppygolucky

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the extra follow up....all the other instructions were not causing a new synchronization, but checking off, saving, then re-checking on the calendar checkbox under settings absolutely did the trick!!!! This just saved me hours and hours of time in not having to switch platforms, as now I get the best of both worlds, my Windows platform with my google calendars!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
As of 10/10/13, none of these methods seem to work for a 928 on Verizon. Anyone have any suggestions other than going to iOS or Droid?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
As of 10/10/13, none of these methods seem to work for a 928 on Verizon. Anyone have any suggestions other than going to iOS or Droid?

Ok, let me be a little more specific. I went to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/ with the IE WP browser and it was just a page that said you've reached the sync page. No options for doing anything.
So I then tried UC Browser and BOOM! I could see my devices! I picked my current 928 and sure enough, none of the shared calendars were checked on. I checked them on and then saved.

Then I went to Settings, my Gmail account, Unchecked the calendar option, let it sync, checked it back ON, let it sync and now they are all there!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! GLORY BE!!!! HALLELUJA!!!!!! And the angels sang and there were many rainbows and unicorns. =)

Looks like the key was to use a DIFFERENT browser other than the IE WP browser.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Just today, it seems that I've lost my other calendars. The google site shows that my phone has synced today, and in the calendar settings, my shared calendars show up (and are enabled), but no data from those calendars are showing on my calendar. This is frustrating, since I can control what google services I use, but I can't easily tell my fianc? to switch.

Edit: false alarm. It must have been a bad sync. I removed the calendar (from the google web page), manually resynced, added the calendar back, and manually resynced again. After that, her calendar showed up.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I had to factory reset my device after updating to WP8.1. Now, my phone doesn't show up in the list of devices that have synced and as a result I'm unable to add my shared calendars. Any one else try this after WP8.1/factory reset? I'm wondering if there is some sort of lag time for that google sync devices page to be updated.

Edit: found the solution via Apple support:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4372

Basically, a different google sync page:
https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

Looks like that page probably applies to all CalDav devices.

Last edited:

eZe1966

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I've got a problem with multiple Google calendars on my wife's 735. In the settings of internal calendar she can only see her own Google calendar but not my calendar and the one we use for common meetings. In my 1020 I can see all three calendars. Both phones run on Denim.

Google sync isn't supported anymore so changing those effects won't help. On my account it shows last sync in mid October. During those days we used to let Chronos calendar sync our meetings. My wife had a Lumia 800 running on WP7.8. We bought the 735 only for getting our calendars synced again, so I'm quite frustrated to see this not working.

I haven't yet tried a factory reset for 735 and setting it up on my account to see if this is a hardware issue. I'd like too hear an easier solution if available...

eZe1966

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I've got a problem with multiple Google calendars on my wife's 735. In the settings of internal calendar she can only see her own Google calendar but not my calendar and the one we use for common meetings. In my 1020 I can see all three calendars.

This seems to be related to Google account settings and not related to phone itself. I tested removing my wife's Google account on her phone and created one with my account info. This brought all three calendars to her phone. I'll have to move on to Google forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria