Multiple Problems of Late

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
About 2 weeks ago, I started having texts come through improperly. I texted multiple people just fine, but when I got replies, they came as new text threads. This means my Messaging app shows multiple threads for a single person, and it does this for 2-3 people.

As of a couple of days ago, I got the latest Insider update. Now, the Mobile Hotspot has turned to junk. I tether another device to it on a daily basis. Since taking the update, it will only run over Bluetooth (previously used over WiFi). If I try it over WiFi, it says it's going, but the receiving device is unable to see my 950 (on AT&T) as a network connection. So, I started using Bluetooth. It was fine for an hour or so. Now, EVERY TIME, the Hotspot totally shuts off, I have to close whatever software I'm using, and I have to restart the connection (turn on Hotspot, connect to device, restart software on secondary device). This isn't occasional, it's a constant problem. The Hotspot wont' hold for much more than 5 minutes, which is really crappy when you're trying to do stuff via tethering for 30-60 minutes at a time.

Has anyone else experienced these issues, and if so, has anyone found a way to:

1. Stop multiple messaging threads?
2. Combine same-named messaging threads?
3. Get the Hotspot connections to hold?

Again, I'm on an AT&T Lumia 950.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124