Multiple Users?

mikefeero

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My band should be coming wednesday(flippin EEK) and my wife asked if she would be able to use it when she works out. I will be the one primarily using the band I just didn't know if there was a way to make this work?

I uhh...wont be heartbroken if the answer is no.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Don't think this is possible, because when setting up the band it will ask to pair with your phone and your windows account. Which means that all the info generated would be attributed to your health vault :)

Things you could do:

- Still use the band for two persons, but keep track of times that you guys work out and try to separate the stats (not recommended as it actually takes away from the whole point lol)

- Reset the band every time one of you wants to workout (not recommended, because the whole process will cut into your workout time)

Ultimately I would suggest simply buying another band :) Just use yours for awhile and if you actually like it then add another one to your repertoire :D

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Just saying.. I understand if you're asking this, because of your budget, but we shouldn't fret about money when it comes to health :) Just check with yours if it's worth the investment

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The Band is designed to be worn full-time, not just for workouts. While it might be possible to share it between people, I don't think it's practical.

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
My band should be coming wednesday(flippin EEK) and my wife asked if she would be able to use it when she works out. I will be the one primarily using the band I just didn't know if there was a way to make this work?

I uhh...wont be heartbroken if the answer is no.

Also, from experience don't let her use it even once!!. I went with my friend so she can test the band out on the her wrist and said it was to bulky. But she like the sleep tracking features. So I bought one a few days later during the evening and to be nice I let her use it to track her sleep that night. I sync it to her iPhone 6 and well. SHE FREAKING LOVES IT, and I have not wore it yet. :( So the bulk and her not wearing a watch or even bracelets on her arms in years. Now she has the band on and don't want to take it off and saying it comfortable. Anyway, good luck and you be warn :)

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Another potential 'gotcha' is if she and you have different types of phones. It has been reported (in a post here, I believe) that the Band sets itself up according to which phone operating system you are using. So, if you have a windows phone and she has Android, for instance, and you set it up for her phone first, you could lose features that are specific to windows phone; or something like that. Not sure of the specific problems, but just be aware of it.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Another potential 'gotcha' is if she and you have different types of phones. It has been reported (in a post here, I believe) that the Band sets itself up according to which phone operating system you are using. So, if you have a windows phone and she has Android, for instance, and you set it up for her phone first, you could lose features that are specific to windows phone; or something like that. Not sure of the specific problems, but just be aware of it.

True! There was a problem with keyboards..

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
True! There was a problem with keyboards..

IPhone doesn't have a keyboard or reply to a text yet right? I have my friends band on iPhone 6 and you can just see texts and dismiss them. right? Thought the Feb. update let iPhone users reply but guess not.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought about this too cause my wife says she doesn't want one but wouldn't mind trying it for somethings.

I see a unregister my band option in the desktop app but haven't pursued it further.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
IPhone doesn't have a keyboard or reply to a text yet right? I have my friends band on iPhone 6 and you can just see texts and dismiss them. right? Thought the Feb. update let iPhone users reply but guess not.
The Band doesn't have a keyboard for non-Windows phones. But all phones can use a canned reply pre-set in the Health app. So a reply is possible.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
My suggestion: Let her try it out. If she likes it, she can keep it and you buy another for yourself.

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
You pretty much have to unregister it and factory reset the Band itself. I think the worst case is you may lose today's stats when you pair it back up to your phone.

yup that is what happen when I did what you said, she lost all her steps she did for that day but not the workout she did early that day.

mikefeero

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Got it today! Im pumped for it, she (obviously) loves it. But I don't think she's sold on using it after what I told her about it possibly messing it up for me(she's considerate at least!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle