Multitasking in windows 10 mobile in December 2015

Achyut Arjun

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, I know there have been other threads of this kind of topics but didn't find anything I wanted to know. I'm on WP8.1, but want to know if the future is bright in windows 10 mobile.
Can anyone tell me how many apps can be run simultaneously in the latest version of the preview builds?
I honestly hate the part where downloading fails once the screen gets locked, that's not on a 3rd party app, rather the windows map app; and not to forget the resuming screen, which never resumes the app, rather closes it, with a few exceptions which seem to be suspended on background quite well, with no resuming screens.
It's really annoying, I mean, iPhones with 1GB RAM, 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A7 processor, and just two cores do it amazingly well..why can't we have that? I know they are premium phones, but can the apps and the OS be not tuned to make it possible?
I know many will say they don't need it, due to battery issues, and some will say don't expect phone to be a computer..but why? If others can have that, why not us? My battery ain't a tank, but I will definitely sacrifice sone battery life for a better phone experience! And, basically, I want my phone to be more usable..it is really very irritating when you lose your typed out data, and when it seems like you opened the app freshly..
And multitasking, which is limited to only 7 apps should be improved, and if possible the limit also must be removed (BB10 handles multitasking well, even though limited to 8apps, but then they have 2GHz of RAM)
I would like to know your opinion..so please share your thoughts..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, I know there have been other threads of this kind of topics but didn't find anything I wanted to know. I'm on WP8.1, but want to know if the future is bright in windows 10 mobile.
Can anyone tell me how many apps can be run simultaneously in the latest version of the preview builds?
I honestly hate the part where downloading fails once the screen gets locked, that's not on a 3rd party app, rather the windows map app; and not to forget the resuming screen, which never resumes the app, rather closes it, with a few exceptions which seem to be suspended on background quite well, with no resuming screens.
It's really annoying, I mean, iPhones with 1GB RAM, 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A7 processor, and just two cores do it amazingly well..why can't we have that? I know they are premium phones, but can the apps and the OS be not tuned to make it possible?
I know many will say they don't need it, due to battery issues, and some will say don't expect phone to be a computer..but why? If others can have that, why not us? My battery ain't a tank, but I will definitely sacrifice sone battery life for a better phone experience! And, basically, I want my phone to be more usable..it is really very irritating when you lose your typed out data, and when it seems like you opened the app freshly..
And multitasking, which is limited to only 7 apps should be improved, and if possible the limit also must be removed (BB10 handles multitasking well, even though limited to 8apps, but then they have 2GHz of RAM)
I would like to know your opinion..so please share your thoughts..

1 - IStuff was made for their OS, and vice--versa. Only that few models. Windows runs on a great variety of cpu / gpu / RAM combination, same as desktops. They are totally different.

2 - Performances difference is the same between an last gen notebook and an old gen (I use a nice 520 and I love it). Windows 10 was created inprimis for the new flagships 950 / XL, and given to insiders for feedbaks, the only one in the world till now

3 - Then, there will be the "scalable " development . I send feedback for creating some switches in system and screen settings for disabling fading and all that heavy cpu animation that are slowing opening and switching apps, so a 520 old gen could be responsive like a 950 but without graphic annoyances

4 - multitasking: RAM amount is the very limit, especially with 3rd party apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FegleyArnold