My ATT 520 is updating to black, apparently

Sooner Al

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
As soon as I saw this post I did a manual search for the update on my AT&T 520 and there it was. I am 10 minutes or so into the process. Thanks for the heads up...

Update - Apparently not Black. My Settings > extras+info still indicates Amber...

Rad Matic

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
It went thru a big long install and absolutely nothing has changed. Must just be the enn ess aye installing some spyware.

jw6X0oR.jpg

Last edited:

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
OK, can anybody explain in English what this update does besides steal 15 minutes from your life, and perhaps send yet more info to the NSA?:smile:

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Got the OS update on both my 520's; but it is not Black or GDR3, still waiting for both on my 520's and my 820. Windows Phone Central reported it also; but they did not have a clue as to what it was except it might be a minor firm ware update. Great communication from Nokia and Microsoft to its customers huh. Even the people who write articles about WP8 don't have an idea what it might be. Makes ya wonder who is in charge, maybe thats just it, no one is.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, can anybody explain in English what this update does besides steal 15 minutes from your life, and perhaps send yet more info to the NSA?:smile:

it was a minor OS update, not firmware.

It was twerking GDR2 that was included with Amber, it probably only effected phones that got an early version of GDR2 while the later version didn't need tweeking since not everyone got this minor OS update.

Update 2

OS version: 8.0.10327.77 or 8.0.10328.78**

Google accounts
. Windows Phone 8 now supports the CardDAV and CalDAV protocols that allow people to sync Google contacts and calendar information when they get new phones. (Existing phones that are synced to a Google account prior to December 31, 2013 will continue to sync as before.)

Xbox Music
. It's now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.

FM radio
. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones.)

Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone's data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)

Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.

Internet Explorer. Several fixes, including improvements to media playback reliability, will make your web browsing experience better than ever.

Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)

Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.

**Your update version number depends on your specific phone model and mobile operator.

Rad Matic

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Gave up and installed the developer preview. Just register for free and get updater app. Double tap wake does not work. At least I can close apps an lock rotate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs