My bad luck with the Nokia Lumia 920 screen...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on the angle of impact to the concrete. You can drop a phone 10 times from the same height and nothing would happen. But, it it hits just right, cablamo!! It's just the luck of the draw. The 920 is a tank.

Sorry for your loss.

This, and it goes for just about every phone. Even to many of the "high durability phones" like Samsung xcover and whatnots. Sure, 9 times out of 10 those (and 920 too) can take a **** of a beating, just watch the videos online, but they all just about have the weak spot when it comes to big touch screens.

Saying that based on this 920 would be the most fragile phone is like me saying that 920 is the most durable phone ever cos I personally dropped mine DIRECTLY out of the box (opened it upside down accidently) to a wooden floor from a meter or so and nothing at all happened to it. I got lucky, you got unlucky.

bish0p34

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
It really just depends how it hits. I dropped my GS3 twice. The first time it was in a hoodie pocket. I turned and the phone didn't. Hit the concrete from waist level. No damage. The second time I had it at head level and someone hit me and it dropped on the sidewalk. Small chip in the plastic and a scuff mark.

My girlfriend was sitting in a theatre seat and it fell one foot into carpet. Screen shattered. It sucks if it just hits the right way.

My iPhone4 survived numerous beatings before it broke. I hated that phone, and threw it/slammed it off things many times before I broke the screen lol.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I know, I know...had to be to get people to read it haha

There is no need to resort to trolling titles to get people to read a respond. All you need to do is define a problem or ask a question. Being deliberately provocative achieves nothing beyond creating threads with titles that are clearly not true....

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. I started reading this thread under the name of "920...most fragile phone ever?" , and by the time I finished it it's called "My bad luck with the Nokia Lumia 920 screen...". I am such a slow reader... How does one change the name of his/her thread?

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I always wondered if somebody asked the Phone Buff how he managed to pull the stints with the L920 hammer and drop tests. He must have worked with Hudini or Copperfield. My first phone got scratched with coins in the pocket, nothing close to a serrated knife. I did dropped it though a couple of times on a tile floor and had no damages.

Aykazu

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It is just about how it lands. Ill tell you a true story (Starring Lumia 900): On a nice sunny winter day, me and girlfriend decided that we should go and do some shopping in the mall. We entered the mall when suddenly I had a phone call, answered my phone and went to upperstair elevators looked behind me for some reason and a guy pushed me just a little so that my Lumia 900 took a leap of faith from the second floor.

When I went to pick up my phone, I was stunned there wasnt even a scratch on it even the phone call was still on. The next time my Lumia 900 took any damage at all was at work. I work in a grocery warehouse and as you can expect the floor is made out of concrete. Well I dropped my Lumia 900, and im not making any excuses it was my fault even though an accident. It fell from my knee pocket and the screen was completely shattered I can even take a picture for you its quite amazing.

JD Miles

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
could not agree more , I leaned over with phone in shirt pocket and it slid out landing on soft office chair cushion but slid off onto the plastic pad the chair rolls on , and when I saw it face down I was somewhat glad it had the new and wonderful Gorilla Glass 2 until I picked it up to find seven (7) very noticeble scratches . Three of these are so deep they will grab your finger nail, I could not believe how deep they were. All this because the pad had dirt or sand on it from co-workers shoes and it must have slid on the pad as it slowly fell off of his chair. I was very sad as I had had the phone for just two weeks and was the first phone I had not put a screen saver on before leaving the store. Unfortunately I had seen and believed the You Tube videos showing the glass to be "indistructable"!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That's funny. I started reading this thread under the name of "920...most fragile phone ever?" , and by the time I finished it it's called "My bad luck with the Nokia Lumia 920 screen...". I am such a slow reader... How does one change the name of his/her thread?

He didn't. I did to stop the sensationalism. Another mod may yet close the thread.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The problem is there is A general conception that Lumia phones can withstand everything without a scratch.
I think the real problem is that, the 920 have among the most varied built quality ever, and with wierd bugs happening all over the place.
Lumia 920 is a quality disaster. And if you look at how many people replacing there phones before they get a functioning device, at this forum, the numbers get huge fast.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is there is A general conception that Lumia phones can withstand everything without a scratch.
I think the real problem is that, the 920 have among the most varied built quality ever, and with wierd bugs happening all over the place.
Lumia 920 is a quality disaster. And if you look at how many people replacing there phones before they get a functioning device, at this forum, the numbers get huge fast.

Unless you have purchase/RMA data from AT&T or Nokia that isn't available to the public, you're making your assumptions based on the very small sampling of loud members in this forum. Every product made has an acceptable fault tolerance - without that, no mass-produced item would ever go to market. Luckily, Nokia's service is superb, so if you do get a faulty one, you can simply exchange it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria