My introduction

Adryx

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello to everybody, I've been reading this forum for several time and now I decided to register.
My name is Adriano and I'm from Italy. I don't own a WP yet, but I plan to get one very soon (hopefully in those last days of 2013).
So, again, hello! :p

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello to everybody, I've been reading this forum for several time and now I decided to register.
My name is Adriano and I'm from Italy. I don't own a WP yet, but I plan to get one very soon (hopefully in those last days of 2013).
So, again, hello! :p

hello adriano, welcome to the WPC forums. glad to hear your looking to get a WP, which phone are you looking to get? these forums are a great place to learn about the platform or any specific device so if you have questions dont be afraid to ask, agian, welcome aboard

Adryx

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
hello adriano, welcome to the WPC forums. glad to hear your looking to get a WP, which phone are you looking to get? these forums are a great place to learn about the platform or any specific device so if you have questions dont be afraid to ask, agian, welcome aboard
I'm looking forward to get a Nokia Lumia 625... i know it's not the best phone, but I can get it with 30€ (41.2$) + 10€/month (13.7$) including 200 minutes+200 sms to any network and 2 gb internet, or maybe the Lumia 920 sim-free at 189€ (259.7$) but doing that i'll need to pay also the extra for the network usage (there are plans starting from 4€/month (5.5$) with MVNOs or 6€/month with major networks).
I think I'm going with the 625 because I know that I'm going to give up on the 1gb ram, hd and clearblack screen, better camera, slightly faster processor, more internal storage and all the bells and whistles of a top WP (like Nokia City Lens, Here Drive+, NFC, Wireless Charging) that comes with the 920 but on the other hand I'll get a better (imho) design with rounded corners, less puffy (1.5mm slimmer), less weight (24g lighter), a more lasting battery and... i have already a case for the 625 and... the ability to pay for it monthly, without mentioning that because smartphones are quite expensive in Italy, at that price the L920 will be probably sold out when I'll go to the store (in a couple of hours). Just for a comparison, a L520 is 120/150€ in stores, compare that with 189€ for a L920. I know, that's crazy, as it's crazy that WP in Italy sells more than iOS (really! don't believe me? click here and here, this because I read every day in this forum of people complaining that WP is not as popular as iOS, in Italy it is!).

Anyway, sorry for being long (it's a little flaw of mine) :p

Adryx

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Still no WP :cry: i went to a big store today and the offer for the L920 expired and the L625 is unavailable because they have to sell the L520s (at the same monthly price of the L625!).
Maybe I'll consider buying something WP on Amazon and paying the network usage separately.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPC it might be worth waiting a while longer to see what new devices will come out when 8.1 is released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster