My iRulu windows 10 tablet is stuck on uefi screen, what is the solution?

arun-t

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a new iuRulu w10 windows 10 tablet. When I started the tablet, it booted normally and displayed a message that windows 10 needs to update. After that restarted and is stuck on uefi screen since.

IRulu customer service is pathetic and unresponsive. Can anyone please help me with this?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Are you technically inclined?

Do you mean, stuck on the UEFI screen, and you haven't powered it down?

Or each time you boot?

If its the former, hold down the power button to turn it off. Then maybe give it another whirl. If not....that can be kind of a mess to fix.

There's a few things you'll definitely need to fix this. One is, a hub that you can plug into your tablet. If you get one of those micro-usb to USB cables, you can plug in a regular power hub, or borrow one to plug in.

Then, you'll also at minimum need a keyboard and mouse. Because BIOS, safe-mode are triggered by keyboard and operated by mouse. Touch only kicks in with windows, generally.

You'll need to into the bios, which will also involve key mashing whatever key triggers the bios (it's delete on my tablet), so that you can put a delay on the startup sequence.

This will be tricky because you don't get a lot of time, so you'll need to do it repeatedly. If you add a couple of seconds to the boot delay - Once its in place, you'll be able to get in again more easily, and also trigger safe mode potentially. Triggering both will be annoying (because most of the time it won't work), hence the nessesity of adding the delay first.

I would try trying to trigger the safe mode first, rather than any kind of re-install. Because on tablets the drivers are basically baked into windows. This is hard with modern windows, via keypress. If the device fails to boot and you reset by clt-al-del it may give you the option, or it might even automatically kick into recovery mode.

If you were to simply do a fresh install, all the touch drivers, gyros and cameras would be useless, making the device useless as a tablet. Very bad. And if no one has a backup of the windows installation - that's a wasted device basically.

1) So if at all possible, you want to try and get _back into windows_. If you do, you can either roll back the update that broke it, or do an "in place upgrade" (via the windows media creation tool). Maybe prepare a windows usb stick before you start all this, in case that's what you need to do. If you can't you might get into recovery, via failed start up OR

2) The other possibility, is running windows recovery, possibly from recover stick made from another windows pc, to try and do a start-up recovery. usually there is a recovery partition, and you can get into it when the device fails to boot. Because if windows won't start, it could be broken boot files. Recovery gives you start up repair.

3) Another thing that would work, if you can't get back into windows - is if anyone has made a full backup of the tablet online. Usually this is done with macrium. See if you can find the full windows installation for that tablet. If you can, you'll be able to restore it, via booting from USB macrium reflect free, and the backup files.

4) Lastly, and ideally don't do this, if you can find driver backup files, via double driver, you could do a fresh install of windows, and try putting the drivers back in. Often this doesn't work, or requires registry tweaks, so that's a last ditch.

And finally if you do any major tinkering, like windows installations, or putting someone elses backup on your machine - BACKUP YOUR OWN MACHINE FIRST, using macrium reflect. ATM you have an installed windows, with drivers, that would work fine if it would boot. If you play around with this stuff, you could end up with less than that. So a standard rule of thumb is backup what you have first.

If your not technically inclined I do not recommend any of this. This is a hair tearing, frustrating process most often, this sort of work. And if you do something wrong, you may not get a second chance.

Also this is all from memory, so I may have the odd detail out.

First, try safe-mode, recovery mode. If you can get recovery to restore the startup files, or get into safe-mode to roll back the updates "go to a previous version of windows" or whatever gets you back - that will be by far the easiest and simplist solutions.

If that doesn't work, then you have more technical trouble, like an in place install (still pretty easy), if you can get into windows, OR if you can't get in at all, restoring someone elses backup of the same device (which isn't too hard either, but you'll want to back up in case you have the wrong thing).

If you try all of this and have to try doubledriver backups of the drivers, and a fresh install - good luck. I've had to do this once, and it took me a week of registry edits, and software hacks.

If you are not technically inclined, or can't get the more basic fixes to work, or don't feel confident - get them to replace your tablet, and sort it out themselves. The device will be under warranty or consumer protections, and its nothing you did wrong.

It would be easy for the manufacturer to re-flash their personal windows rom with its drivers, seeing as they do that before sending out every device.

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Incidently this is why I always make macrium reflect free backups of my tablets. Its even worse losing a tablet than a desktop because the drivers are baked in, and its more difficult to do basic installs/bios etc.

And don't think android tablets or phones are much better because you still need to flash them with roms that aren't always available, from a PC, and wipe them if this sort of breakdown happens. While they are a little easier if the ROM is available, windows isn't that hard either if there's a copy of the windows installation. But if there isn't, both can be a bit of a mare when the OS breaks down. And there windows has the slight edge because there are more commandlines and repair tools available.

It's also easier to backup a windows tablet. You have to root an android device and install special software to back it up.

The joys of touch computing....:p

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I know right. I'm lucky in the fact that NuVision has a System Image posted up on their website for my 560L tablet. I was just thinking about doing a fresh install too. Your diatribe there, kind of pushed me right.

But yeah, Arun, what he said

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I know right. I'm lucky in the fact that NuVision has a System Image posted up on their website for my 560L tablet. I was just thinking about doing a fresh install too. Your diatribe there, kind of pushed me right.

But yeah, Arun, what he said

I've been the one tearing my hair out because I have a tablet, where nothing but the screen works. So glad I steered you away from that fresh install!!!

You could still try it, using double driver. And if the stars align just right, it might all work okay (chances are you'll lose a camera or something though). But if you do, make sure as heck you macrium backup that whole puppy before you do anything, and have that on a USB, with a hub, and a macrium boot disk, so its all ready to restore.

Personally I wouldn't :p Easier to just clean things up as much as possible, with something like an in place upgrade that preserves things.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a new iuRulu w10 windows 10 tablet. When I started the tablet, it booted normally and displayed a message that windows 10 needs to update. After that restarted and is stuck on uefi screen since.

IRulu customer service is pathetic and unresponsive. Can anyone please help me with this?

Is your problem resolved ?
Please post back.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen