My list of pros and cons for those thinking about a Surface Book

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have never seen a guy like in this post. Who owns a product and then goes on and on about how people aren't very smart if they buy the same product. If he was so smart and his opinion was worth listening too, he might have been smart enough not to make the purchase in the first place.
The Surface Book is a good if not great product of premium quality, all be it with a few issues still to be ironed out. Its not for all and quality and price and what is worth what is to each his own. Some people don't think a premium car (BMW, Lexus, etc.) is worth the price tag when a cheaper car will do the same job. That doesn't mean its not worth the price to those that want that premium quality. You each need to decide if its for you or not.

I have one and I am enjoying it.

Happy New Year.

Lethal_NFS

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I have never seen a guy like in this post. Who owns a product and then goes on and on about how people aren't very smart if they buy the same product. If he was so smart and his opinion was worth listening too, he might have been smart enough not to make the purchase in the first place.

You are the first person to use the word "smart". I am smart enough however to actually have a product before giving my opinion on it. Because people want to hear things from people who actually own the product.

An opinion is an opinion buddy. You may have a different opinion, but that does not mean I am telling you that you are stupid for having it. A smart person understands the difference...

MacBook*Air - Features - Apple

12 hours of battery life for the 13" MBA. Wow.

That is great! I think the longest battery life I have had is more like 8 hours. I think that was with my ASUS Q500A laptop.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone comment on "real world" battery life. MS said you can get 12 hours on a charge, but that was a video rundown test which is irrelevant to using Chrome and apps. Some people have reported only getting 5-6 hours, which is atrocious considering the price.

I've seen a fairly consistent 10-15% drain for an hour of doing normal web browsing and Office use.
The screen is so bright I don't ever put it over 35% brightness so that probably helps too.

3 hrs of use, down to 68%

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h