My lumia 820's screen got cracked :'(

Akbar Hashmi

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
So, i dropped it and now its broken with 2 cracks on it. The buttons and volume and everything else is still working

But the screen just shoes some funny colors.

Any one knows how much will it cost to replace it at nokia care and other places??

SaiKiran7474

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Does this cover under warranty?? My phone screen cracked slightly.. Phone is working super fine..
i brought this phone 5 months back.. And iam from India..

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me this weekend. After dropping it many times, it finally cracked. Only top half of the screen is functional. How would I go about getting it replaced if it is still under warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

moonsnan

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to my Lumia 820 3 days after getting it and I sent it back to Nokia through Nokia Care and they fixed it for $110 (aus). They even paid for the postage. It is not covered by warranty if you drop it.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
happened to me too...I dropped it on one of the edges from about the height of my pocket, and the screen cracked on the inside...so the LED's would just show some coloured lines if I get a phone call or message or anything...but I just can't use the screen anymore. I was told it'll cost me about 200 $ to repair, at least that's what the nokia centre said. :/

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Firstly it depends on whether it's just the digitizer or the AMOLED panel that is broken - or both.

A quick search using Google shows there are quiet a few places that you can send your phone to and get it repaired. but it can be pricey - about ?130. You may be bettr off contacting your local Nokia Care Centre and asking what they would charge.

Another option - if it's just the digitizer - would be eBay where I see plenty of 820 screens going for about ?30.

Akbar Hashmi

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
So, this is what happened.....
Gave my phone to Nokia care, they said they would replace the LCD screen and asked for SR350 ($93)
A week later when I returned, they said spare parts weren't available and asked to check in later.
This happened 2 more time . When I just gave up all hope, I got a message saying it was repaired!!!

So, I got my lumia 820 back now

P.S. IT doesn't matter if you got warranty or not, you still got to pay cause you dropped it

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
So, this is what happened.....
Gave my phone to Nokia care, they said they would replace the LCD screen and asked for SR350 ($93)
A week later when I returned, they said spare parts weren't available and asked to check in later.
This happened 2 more time . When I just gave up all hope, I got a message saying it was repaired!!!

So, I got my lumia 820 back now

P.S. IT doesn't matter if you got warranty or not, you still got to pay cause you dropped it

But my bro's phone got repaired in 30 mins.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I must be one unlucky guy, as I dropeed my phone again (just a month after I got it repaired) and the LED is cracked again. Or rather the panel under the screen. But shouldn't Nokia phones be strudy and durable? I had an HTC HD7 for almost 3 years before my Lumia and the screen never broke. I had dropped it several times. Why Nokia, WHY?! :crying:

coolsidx

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
guys i dropped my cell today ,
my functions are working fine no problems with it, but the screen is messed up , i was using blue theme so now slowly all blue colour is getting spread on the whole screen
till tmoro whole screen will be blue ,what should i do ?
and any idea what will be the cost of the replacement ?
only colour is getting spread , also no problems on screen no cracks

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
depends where you live go to a nokia centre or google...excuse me, bing any place that can repair it for you. I did that too here in Malaysia, Nokia wanted about 220 USD for it, I got it done in a digital mall from a phone repair centre within 2 hours for 1/3 of the price w/o voiding warranty.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Here on uk ebay for people able to fit themselves the lcd are around £80 new digitizers also can be expensive if buy original genuine nokias £50 , i have in past purchased damaged lumia 820 having damage pcb (simcard reader physical damage) lcd and digitiser perfect so used that as donor parts 😊

Sammy234

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I dropped my lumia 820 this morning and it is turning blue but it works fine
Can you tell me what did you do?

Sammy234

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I dropped my lumia 820 this morning and it is turning blue but it works fine
Can you tell me what did you do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo