My New Nokia Lumia Arrived Today. It Is In Japanese!!! How do I fix it?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
EVERYTHING on my new Nokia Lumia is in Japanese! How am I supposed to use it?

Which Lumia did you get?

Here's a fix for your problem:-
1.) Go to Settings (I hope you can decipher the Settings app by its icon). :smile:
2.) Then find some settings with a "+" sign in their names.
3.) One of them should be language+region
4.) It should look something like this :- 言語+領域 (Japanese)
언어 + 지역 (Korean)
语言+区域 (Chinese)

(I don't know why the Japanese and Chinese words look quite similar!)
5.) How to confirm it's the right place, isn't it? Well, the language+region has four option-selecting boxes with three lines separating third and fourth boxes.
6.) Of the four, first one is what you need. Go ahead, touch it and scroll to look for English (US, UK, India, etc... whatever you want)
7.) Restart your phone and you're good to go!
8.) After restarting you may also change the country in the same place as before.
9.)Thank me :winktongue:

​Good luck!

Sorry for taking much of your time but you can find the article over here:- How to Change the Display Language in Windows Phone 8

Last edited by a moderator:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
:eek:rly:

Isn't it (hard reset) a long way round? :shocked:
If I bought a used phone, I'd go farther and use NRT (or equivalent for whatever brand). There are articles about how to jailbreak and flash 3rd party files on some Windows phones. NRT is the best bet for making sure of what's running on the phone. Is it overkill? Its a one time thing, so I say no, unless I'm getting a different used phone every few days.

Last edited:

Kniggt

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if doing a hard reset would change it back to English. Search on how to do it using the volume and power keys, it's easy.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I guess he has dyslexia problem. He couldn't even understand what I said, I think.

Dyslexic ha? Somebody please type the words and letters randomly for the LORD isn't able to understand us at all! :winktongue:
Right?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App

ezapp

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
It's strange to see a Nokia phone in Japanese!

Can you post some screenshots of the setting page here? I think it is easier for others to help you by pointing on the photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)