My new Surface Go brightness setting is all wacky.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Brightness settings won't change, or...change after a few minutes.
Using either the keyboard toggles, or the brightness display slider in the settings, about half the time, nothing changes. A minute or 2 later, the brightness changes. Anyone else have this problem? Fix?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
you have to disable automatic brightness... I find that annoying anyways cuzz it never gets it right and is too flacky

Yes - I've done that already. Also have gone into my power settings and adjuted the display settings. No help. I've never had this happen on any of my other devices (phones, tablets, laptops, desktop computer etc.) So strange: I mover the brightness 'slider' - either way - right or left; nothing happens. I use the keyboard keys; same thing.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Yes - I've done that already. Also have gone into my power settings and adjuted the display settings. No help. I've never had this happen on any of my other devices (phones, tablets, laptops, desktop computer etc.) So strange: I mover the brightness 'slider' - either way - right or left; nothing happens. I use the keyboard keys; same thing.
, newer/smart tv's also have this, and perhaps even newer monitors. There are 2 things, 1 adaptive brightness which can be disable in the edit power plan in Windows. And the 2nd one is adaptive contrast, which iirc can only be disabled through the registry. With tv's you will have to delve into the settings/advanced settings and disable dynamic/adaptive contrast/brightness things and set dynamic contrast to zero etc (the terms can differ a bit per smart tv / tv).

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
So I fixed it myself. Did a full reset of my machine, and now the display works great. I've got my brightness controls back, there's no lagging when I watch TV on my machine, and the trackpad us super responsive. Kind of confused why this happened in the first place...my Device manager says my Display Adapter is Intel HD 615. Does everyone have this same adapter on their GO? For some reason I thought is used to 620...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So I fixed it myself. Did a full reset of my machine, and now the display works great. I've got my brightness controls back, there's no lagging when I watch TV on my machine, and the trackpad us super responsive. Kind of confused why this happened in the first place...my Device manager says my Display Adapter is Intel HD 615. Does everyone have this same adapter on their GO? For some reason I thought is used to 620...

Glad to know you got it fixed. I may have been driver related (i.e. a newer driver version was installed) for your graphics card if resetting the device fixed. Completely unrelated (or not), but my SP2 acts the same way as you have described too. Maybe it is just a Surface thing?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Well...now it's busted again! Don't know what the problem is. It works fine half the time; then, randomly, it's unresponsive....for about 3- 5 minutes, and then suddenly changes brightness...so strange. I've gone into all the advancec power settings, turned off auto-brightness etc. Odd....

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
My Surface Pro 2 randomly changes brightness at times. It may be trying to adapt to the light conditions automatically. When it is unresponsive, what are you running? Maybe it is running out of RAM or CPU?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria