My phone is running WP 8.1 update 1 dev preview, Lumia black b

Nathan Abriol

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
My phone is currently on WP 8.1 update 1. There's a official update rolling out in my country. I've rest phone because my SD card is not working properly in Xbox music because I've dropped my phone in the hard concrete floor. After the resetting occurred my phone is working properly right now. So back to my I was going to ask if I'm going to update my phone to the official update from Nokia. Is there will be a problem if I'm going to update my phone to official update? Because wpcentral says there's a problem in updating there phones into the official update from Nokia. And do I need to set up my dev preview account again? Because of the hard reset. Pls answer me

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking. If you're asking why you haven't gotten Cyan since it has been released in your country, here's the answer since you're running the preview version:
Microsoft: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer users should return to normal software before Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

And yes, even though you've done a reset, you're still running the dev preview of the OS - reset doesn't change that. But since you reset, you'll need to reinstall the dev preview app if you want to get further dev preview updates.

If you want to know how to get Cyan through the public release, you have two choices. First, you can wait until Microsoft fixes the problem mentioned in the above link. Second, you can revert back to 8.0 using the Nokia tools to do so, and then get the update through the public channel (and if you want, you can then install the dev preview app and get upcoming preview releases, should you so desire). Directions to roll back are linked to in the article that I linked to above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes