My Review of WP7

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a brief review of my expirience of Windows Phone 7...

I have been a Windows Phone and Smartphone user since October of 2005 with the Sprint Audiovox xv6700. Since this time I have grown to enjoy trying the new OS options that come out. I have owned every major OS including Blackberry, Android, IOS, WebOS, and now WP7. Every OS has its strengths and weaknesses and for sake of time I will focus on my expirience with WP7.

I picked up the Samsung Focus 2 days ago from my local ATT store to see what this new OS was all about. When I first saw it released last year it looked gimmicky. It seemed very strange looking and kinda trendy. The reason I became interested in the OS was for the minimum spec requirements mandated by Microsoft. I think this is a great idea to keep every phone running smoothly and you don't have to worry about the CPU arms race going on over in green alien land. It seems our android friends are more interested in clock speed and multiple cores than they are about function.

I have been using the Focus for two days now and here are my impressions...

1. The device has no lag.

2. the user interface is functional but not over complicated.
(this point I think is great for the consumer market. IOS is a great operating system, and one of the reasons it is popular is because its easy to understand. I love complex operating systems and deep menus, but WP7 and IOS seem to hide them well and allow you to use them when you want.)

3. Email integration is the best in my opinion by any OS available.
(The outlook integration is perfect, and the gmail integration is acceptable if not great.)

Improvements

1. there are always room for OS enhancements that make things run smoother overall and add great features like copy and paste etc.

I am going to keep this phone for the remainder of my contract and give WP7 a good year shot. I am optimistic.

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the club, and thanks for your review. I am optimistic as well. By the way, if you haven't tried Zune Pass yet, you should. It's my favorite thing about having Windows Phone... Zune everywhere! You can try it free for 14 days at zune.net.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett