Need help fast....

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I apologize, as I know this is in the wrong place but...

I have someone offering to trade my Lumia 710 for a Focus Flash. Obviously T-Mobile will be a lot cheaper, but exactly how expensive is AT&T on prepaid? I don't need a lot of minutes and mostly data, but was wondering what people pay on average on prepaid?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, AT&T doesn't really do data on prepaid plans. If you have a dumb-phone you can do their $50 unlimited everything plan, but smartphones are usually on contract. If they do a sweep and catch you using a Focus Flash on a prepaid $50 unlimited plan, they'll start charging you more for data use. AT&T doesn't do things the way T-Mobile does - that's why a lot of people choose T-Mobile's cheaper plans.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I currently use a Lumia 710 on prepaid T-Mobile, and was told by a rep of AT&T there is a $25+$30 for 2GB data and 250 minutes (with rollover) plan for the Focus Flash, making it $55 before taxes. I currently pay $60 for unlimited everything and 2GB, but when I travel to my hometown every now and then to visit family T-Mobile coverage is gone and it's using AT&T. Fortunately, I spend most of my time here where T-Mobile is fine, but there are occasions where is signal goes out (not as bad as the experience I had with Sprint for a while).

I went ahead and just bought a Focus Flash for $160, and will try it out on AT&T prepaid with the $55 dollar option. I can make 250 minutes work, as I never talk on my phone, and the extra coverage will be worth it IMO. I will wait, however, until my month subscription is up with the Lumia and play with the Focus Flash.

Off the bat, the only thing I don't like vs the Lumia is the touchscreen seems to respond to touch strangely. With a flick, the 710 scrolls though menus and tiles faster, whereas the Focus Flash seems to be slower response to touch when doing this.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Lol yea I guess so. The accelerometer is also slower to respond as well. Had this with the OG Focus, so yea it's Samsung lol.
Hmmm...I use an OG Focus and can't really complain about the accelerometer, but I agree Nokia makes better phones than Sandog :D

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb