Need help for my new Nokia Lumia 630

Meowstic

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
So i wanted to try a Windows Phone and i bought a Nokia Lumia 630
im new to Windows Phone basically and i need help for some stuff that i can't figure out my self
so far this phone is very dissapoiting for me atleast as it is usefull for only listening to music and calling people thats why i need help

i need help with Flash Player i use Flash Player ALOT its one of the main reasons i have a phone and i heard you cant get Flash Player on WP is that true is there anyway i can get Flash Player somehow?
Also the camera on this phone is pretty bad it says is 5 Megapixels but i don't think so... when theres not enough light the camera becomes horrible and it gets trashy and unusable i dont't know if this is normal for this phone or if the camera is actually broken
Here is a picture of my camera
Screenshot_2.png
Thats the problems i have came across so far, if anyone knows the solutions please answer
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you can explain what you use Flash Player for there may be alternatives that can be used. But you are correct that the actual Flash Player app is not available for WP. Saying that, there will come a day hopefully very soon when we won't need that horrible software any more.

You can't expect too much at 5mp. Low light photography depends on a wide aperture to allow light in and slow shutter speed. In the picture above the biggest issue with it is that you're taking a shot of a monitor. That will mess up your photo as LED monitors emit a lot of light so you're not exactly in low light so much as having lots of glare which is why the image is turning out as it is. Taking pictures is about knowing what the camera is capable of and understanding the scene you are shooting. Low light shots with a low end camera isn't going to produce amazing photos. But it does well for what it is.

You should check that your phone is up to date and if you bought it off someone I personally would have re-installed the firmware.

Keep in mind you're dealing with a mid/low end phone that's over a year and half old. It's not a top performer by any stretch.

Meowstic

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello, so the camera is like that if theres not actual sunlight if theres not sunlight no matter what i do it wil be horrible and unusable
i asked about the camera because my previouse phone had a 5 MP Camera also and it was wayyyyyy better than my Windows Phone's 5 MP Camera.
Now about the Flash Player i want it so i can watch Movies that require Flash Player on the browser
And yes the firmware i updated and the phone is brand new!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello, so the camera is like that if theres not actual sunlight if theres not sunlight no matter what i do it wil be horrible and unusable
i asked about the camera because my previouse phone had a 5 MP Camera also and it was wayyyyyy better than my Windows Phone's 5 MP Camera.
Now about the Flash Player i want it so i can watch Movies that require Flash Player on the browser
And yes the firmware i updated and the phone is brand new!

Yes the camera is nothing special and that's the reality of a budget phone with no flash. It does have auto focus so be sure to half press prior to shooting then full press when you're happy. Also try to avoid shake when taking shots in low light as that will distort the image.

As for flash player all I can say is that Adobe stopped supporting mobile flash ages ago. No current mobile browser supports it and any that do are using a workaround. Most updated sites are using HTML5 and avoid Flash all together. All modern browsers are HTML5 compatible.

If you can download the flash content to your phone you can use an app to view the file like VLC or Mobiplayer. That's a workaround but it works. Be sure to put a SD card in the phone to increase storage. Apps can also be 100% installed on the SD card.

Hope that helps. I would suggest getting away from flash sites or if you're a person that constantly use the site maybe ask them when they plan to go to HTML5 like the rest of the modern world.

Meowstic

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Alright i understand i guess i have to wait until they update to HTML5
One last thing do you know any good browser because some sites ask me to update my browser and some others dont even work correctly.
Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon