Need help with sound coming from PC/Monitor

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello!

I am using windows 10.

My issue is trying to get the sound that's currently coming from my Asus monitor to come through the audio jack in the front of my tower. I have tried the audio jacks in the front and back of the tower and the sound continues to come through the monitor speakers.

My monitor is connected directly to my graphics card via hdmi cable.

I've tried going into settings and switching the sound to the headphone jacks but still no luck. I've tried going into device manager to ensure the drivers are good to go but there are no issues shown here.

Basically the sound will either come through my monitor speakers or not at all.

The reason I'd rather the sound come through headphones connected directly to the tower is because I assume it will sound much better. I can plug my headphones into the monitor but it doesn't sound as good as I believe it should.

I spoke to someone at FRY's who advised I should try plugging my monitor directly into the motherboard hdmi slot but then wouldn't I lose out on the power of the graphics card I have installed?

Thank you for any help ahead of time.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Welcome to Windows Central. The only thing I can think of is to go into control panel and click on sound. Then check to see if there is any options there to switch sound to head phone jacks! If your manufacture (FRY'S) suggested plugging your monitor into the MB. Looks like they think the monitor is causing your issue
Sorry that's the best I can do for you!:wink: If you need more help,please join the forum.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/310085-join-windows-central-community.html

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The soundcard utility should switch outputs automatically if it's a common audio chip such as Realtek.
Can you open the soundcard options i.e:
Realtek.JPG
Most sound driver utility interfaces will allow manual output selections

Your audio options will look different yet most of them act similarly within Windows.
Good luck there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs