Need some of your thoughts, gifting a used HTC Radar with 7.8. Into an iFamily.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got myself up to date with a Nokia Lumia 1020, and now have no use for my old HTC Radar.

So my thoughts were to give it to the daughter of friends, but their oldest teen son has returned home and now it will go to him. ( long story short his father took back his phone when he moved back with his mom and step dad, and he would like a phone). My friends and their daughters are iphone/ipod users, so I hope this does not start a os war in the family LOL.

Anyway my hope is he will be able to get at least 6 months use from the phone before he will need to switch to something newer. Thus giving him time to find an after school job to save up for a phone he can call his own.

So will Windows Phone 7.8 be ok for the next 6 months or so??? Apps and games wise?? I know Zune music is to be killed soon, but he can still use MP3/WMA from memory.
The xbox game section on my 1020 impressed him when he saw my new phone....so I think the games will be covered as he had an xbox 360.

So will this cover a young guy for a bit?????

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
It will be fine. Trust me. The Zune thi g is not a big deal. IIt will shut down but only a big deal if you buy music. My suggestion is that you load it up with all of the cool 7.x apps available. Too bad you don't have Nokia Music/mix radio available on HTC but you can find other free streaming services. it is a gift. they should be thankful.

by the way, I going back to WP 7.x after a stint on Android. I could get a WP8 mobile but 7.x is more stable and has everything I need.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure what a young fella would want on a phone for apps, I was just going to factory reset, place it back into it's original box ( paper work and all), then just let him load all the apps from the store. Has MS stated when the Store for WP7 will follow Zune?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124