Neo Is At CES 2017

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
NuAns Neo is back at CES where the tech press loves them...

They are making another push to go international.

Here is the January 2017 Neo Backers' Newsletter.

It still baffles me how little support they garnered from W10M users, considering the amount of noise those users make crying out for hardware...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We have boots on the ground there. I'm trying to send a tip through to them. I'll be watching the front page to see if they can squeeze something in...

nimblebits

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
It looks like they will be there tomorrow (07/01/17) according to this Japanese announcement...

Booth details:
Source: Come and Visit NuAns at CES 2017! | Simplism

The big convention: CES (Consumer Electronic Show) 2017 is coming soon!!
NuAns will be at CES this year as well!!

Please come and see us at CES 2017
Booth Name: Bluelounge / NuAns / Simplism
Booth Number: #9106
Hall: North Hall LVCC
Period: January 5th (Thu) - 8th (Sun), 2017

Please see the map of North Hall and our booth.
We will be waiting for you!

Thumbnail image for Picture1.png
Feel free to contact us about any questions.
simplismusa@gmail.com or Hernan@simplism.jp

<NuAns> 
In your everyday life, digital devices are always with you. Leading-edge digital devices that bring convenience and warmth to your life and that blend into a relaxing moment in your living room or bedside. "NuAns" is a new solution from Simplism and TENT. 
URL: www.nuans.jp 
Facebook : www.facebook.com/NuAnsGlobal 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nuansglobal/

Source: 「CES (Consumer Technology Association) 2017」出展のお知らせ | トリニティ株式会社
(Translated with Chrome)

"Trinity Co., Ltd. (Representative Director: Tetsuro Hoshikawa headquarters location: Saitama prefecture Niiza city) is the world's largest, the world's largest convention center held in Las Vegas convention center on January 5 to January 8, 2017 consumer electronics trade show, " CES (Consumer Technology Association) 2017 " to " Simplism / NuAns will be exhibited." Please drop in at our booth by all means when you visit.

[Outline]

"CES (Consumer Technology Association) 2017," the official Japanese site

Dates: January 5, 2017 (Thursday) to January 8 (Sun) [four days]
Venue: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Unveiled Venue: Mandalay Bay North Convention Center
booth: Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall , # 9106
admission: pay (registration required)

NuAns NEO official site: Neo.Nuans.Jp

<About NuAns (Nuance)>
I want to keep it in my hands, I want to keep it beside myself. If you have such a kind of state-of-the-art convenient tool, convenience for living can be cuddled up. When put in there, it is familiar as a loved item that has been used for a long time. A thing that makes life a little pleasant. NuAns is a new answer that gently inflates nuance drifting in life.
URL: [NuAns] ニュアンス | 便利さと共に、温もりのある暮らしを
Facebook: Www.Facebook.Com/nuans.Jp
<About Simplism>
Trinity's original brand Simplism (Shin prism) is based on the concept of "There is plus in simple as well", making products of price range that can be purchased easily and effortlessly in addition to product bodies, as well as package design doing.
In with facebook: Simplism

<About TENT>
It is a creative unit which was formed in 2011 by Masayuki Saita and Ryoaki Aoki and started activities. I am doing total design from the concept centering on product design such as tableware, household appliances, interior goods etc. with the theme of making things that makes me feel affectionate as I see it.
URL: TENT1000

<Trinity Co., Ltd.>
Trinity imports / develops items such as glittering computer peripherals and digital miscellaneous goods and introduces them to markets in Japan and overseas. "Enriching the digital life" is our driving force.

Company Name: Trinity Co., Ltd.
President: Hoshikawa Akirashi (Tetsuji Hoshikawa)
URL: Http://Trinity.Jp/
Twitter: Trinityinc
Facebook: Trinity Co., Ltd.

"

nimblebits

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi, It looks like they will be there tomorrow according to the Simplism blog and translated Japanese announcement...

Booth details:
Booth Name: Bluelounge / NuAns / Simplism
Booth Number: #9106
Hall: North Hall LVCC
Period: January 5th (Thu) - 8th (Sun), 2017
Unveiled Venue: Mandalay Bay North Convention Center
Venue: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Last edited:

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
So do they have any new phones this year? I'd love to buy their Windows phone but no way for us Canadians to get hold of one. Can u guys please check with them and see how we can buy one?

Sent from mTalk

nimblebits

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
So do they have any new phones this year? I'd love to buy their Windows phone but no way for us Canadians to get hold of one. Can u guys please check with them and see how we can buy one?

Sent from mTalk

They didn't mention it in the announcement, I guess to build up the anticipation as you'd expect. Visitors at CES will be the first to know :)

I'm keeping a keen eye out of reports from journalists who are there this week.

mageman17

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I hope they advertise their phones properly this time. My suggestion of giving unbiased phone reviewers a test model to review on should've been done instead of them hoping on word of mouth and japanese social media to promote the phone

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
How can he be disappointed when no one outside japan can buy it? Lot of us would be bought if it's available in north America

Sent from mTalk

nimblebits

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
They had made an attempt with a Kickstarter campaign which sadly did not achieve its target. There is a financial overhead of distributing phones internationally as it costs more to configure different bands for each territory and they need to handle after sales support so it would require a service centre in that country. It all adds up. It would be great if Microsoft helped startup ODMs with an initial investment.

Last edited:

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Where was everyone last year? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nuans-neo/430183-nuans-neo-kickstarter-live.html

I still get upset every time I think about this.
I didn't know about this. I read about the nuans when they first released it and tried to buy it without any luck. If I'd known about this pledge, I would've pledged for one.

Again no one is aware of this other than the forums. They should've done more advertising through Microsoft store website or something more prominent

Sent from mTalk

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Any update from Vegas? Will we be able to buy any of their phones outside of Japan this year? Any new phone updates?

Sent from mTalk

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Any update from Vegas? Will we be able to buy any of their phones outside of Japan this year? Any new phone updates?

Take a look at the Neowin article posted above, it includes an interview with them.
In short though, you won't be able to buy it outside of Japan, and no new updates to announce at this point. He does hint at something being worked on though, but what that is would be pure speculation.

JoshMartin

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I am hoping that they release a new device.*Either a little slimmer and more budget friendly or a*powerhouse ready for Continuum. I think there were a few too many trade-offs with the design that turned me off of*the*Neo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre