New 1520 owner, but have a question

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Ive just collected my new 1520 and its on its 1st charge, however, I bought it BNIB from a 2nd hand store.

It says in "Settings > About" its Windows 8.1, yet in "Extras & Info" its says its Lumia Black, Not Cyan and when I goto "Update Phone".. it says "your pohone cannot be updated at this time" So.. is it posible to tell if the other owner installed the developer version of 8.1 or is it actually released for the 1520.

How do i tell if its the Dev version?

Thanks.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan will be rolled out together as a single update. Your phone should be on the preview; to check if the phone has been used, go to settings--> network+ , there you can see the voice call counter which shows the total time the phone has been used for calling (this wont reset to 0 even if you do a factory reset)

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yep its been used..
I know the current dev release of 8.1 is fairly stable.. but why do people do that.. update a phone with a beta rom then sell it without flashing it

sheesh

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks folks for the tips.. My sim card or data hasnt even been entered yet.. im still charging.. Ill do a factory reset before I use it.. Even though its in brand new condition.. the person has bought it.. flashed it.. used it for a day or so.. then sold it, but Why Flash it.. FFS.

Ill report back soon... once its up and running

EDIT:

Reflashed the Lumia CVGB Black Rom as it would be after unpacking it, then did a factory reset, so now its working great and theres no possible trace of anything the last owner may have added or linked it too.

Thanks

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks folks for the tips.. My sim card or data hasnt even been entered yet.. im still charging.. Ill do a factory reset before I use it.. Even though its in brand new condition.. the person has bought it.. flashed it.. used it for a day or so.. then sold it, but Why Flash it.. FFS.

Ill report back soon... once its up and running

EDIT:

Reflashed the Lumia CVGB Black Rom as it would be after unpacking it, then did a factory reset, so now its working great and theres no possible trace of anything the last owner may have added or linked it too.

Thanks

Now enjoy your phone.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Wonderful that you like it, enjoy it!!

I intend to, but have you ever noticed.. when you get a new device you handle it with kid fingers until my new case arrives.. which with a phone this big.. ive handled it soo carefully .. ive almost dropped it twice.. :).. phew!.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I intend to, but have you ever noticed.. when you get a new device you handle it with kid fingers until my new case arrives.. which with a phone this big.. ive handled it soo carefully .. ive almost dropped it twice.. :).. phew!.
Well, I usually will not use a new phone without a case. If I bought one I will wait until the case I ordered arrive and put it on. After spending hundreds of dollars in a phone you really need to pampering that phone.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Ive just collected my new 1520 and its on its 1st charge, however, I bought it BNIB from a 2nd hand store.

It says in "Settings > About" its Windows 8.1...

So then it's not BNIB and has been man-handled in some way, shape or form.

Under settings > network+, what does the voice call counter say? If it's been used for even more than a minute, I would take it back (unless you got an insane deal for it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos