New build 10159 - What's this ONE thing?

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't think so. Why would they release a new build, just for a wallpaper??? Everyone who downloads a new build with 3+gb would be pretty frustrated ;)

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The one thing is probably the wallpaper.

Which is frakking ugly! they have an angular, side perspective wallpaper with a circular and centered avatar the entire thing is unbalanced. the solid colour login looked good because before you got to it you had your colourful lock screen. Are W10 strategy sessions just sticking notes on a wall followed by a game of darts to see which features get the most hits?

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Which is frakking ugly! they have an angular, side perspective wallpaper with a circular and centered avatar the entire thing is unbalanced. the solid colour login looked good because before you got to it you had your colourful lock screen. Are W10 strategy sessions just sticking notes on a wall followed by a game of darts to see which features get the most hits?

This is pretty much how I feel about Win10

They have no idea what to do anymore so they're just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks. Idk what direction they're going.
They're pushing universal "modern" apps and saying how x86 apps are "legacy", being replaced.

But here they are, killing modern Skype in favor of the "legacy" x86 app.
And STILL making x86 versions of Office 2016. Despite the fact that anyone running win7 and above get upgraded to Win10. Basically eliminating the need for x86 variants to begin with.

And there is nowhere near enough beauty as there was with WP7.
Especially in transitions. Its so static in comparison. Reminds me of Android.

It feels have baked but then again its not completed yet. But its clear polish isn't a focus to begin with.
Hope that's fixed over time. WP7 felt so premium in comparison.
Hell it felt premium period. It was super fun to use.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

They have no idea what to do anymore so they're just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks. Idk what direction they're going.
They're pushing universal "modern" apps and saying how x86 apps are "legacy", being replaced.

And STILL making x86 versions of Office 2016. Despite the fact that anyone running win7 and above get upgraded to Win10. Basically eliminating the need for x86 variants to begin with.

It feels have baked but then again its not completed yet. But its clear polish isn't a focus to begin with.

Wah wah wah wah

Blah blah blah

Whine Whine Whine

Go build a better OS. Go on. I dare you.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Wah wah wah wah

Blah blah blah

Whine Whine Whine

Just because you aren't a actor doesn't make you stop having an opinion on a ****ty movie. Why should have to build an OS to have an opinion?

He does have some merit. With Windows 8, things used to sync. Even on a disjoint OS my tile layout, my pinned apps, colours, settings synced between tablet, laptop and PC. Now, with ONE OS, one core, universal apps - nothing syncs. Forget about my tiled apps syncing, even the same universal app doesn't sync notifications! Turns out, that is normal, according to what Gabe has been replying everyone.

If universal apps e.g. Mail app, that has my unread emails every time I open it on a new device, what is universal about it? Just looks? It was universal already in that case. Things like read/unread mails should be synced from server. Notifications from all the universal apps first and third party, appear in my action centre on all my devices. Imagine getting 150+ notifications a day from various apps that are universal and then working with 4 different devices throughout the day!

Satya said, "We want to empower people, let them do more." - I don't see myself doing anything more, than just swiping away notifications all day long as soon as I change my device.

It is very similar to throwing things at wall, seeing what solution sticks, adding it to build and ignore so many really good user feedbacks. They are baking may be top 1 or 2 user feedbacks in each build and adding whatever the heck they want irrespective of what users have already voted and told them works and what doesn't.

Things like this - make people have strong opinions.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
He does have some merit. With Windows 8, things used to sync. Even on a disjoint OS my tile layout, my pinned apps, colours, settings synced between tablet, laptop and PC. Now, with ONE OS, one core, universal apps - nothing syncs. Forget about my tiled apps syncing, even the same universal app doesn't sync notifications! Turns out, that is normal, according to what Gabe has been replying everyone.

That is so far from normal :shocked:..

It would mean it is no different then trying to get several cogs to rotate in sync without anything connecting them to each other and.... to the source pulley.

Resulting in a disjointed dance of wasted energy, time and effort.

Maybe, Gabe has been set the task to pacify everyone... Poor soul... that's a thankless task.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just because you aren't a actor doesn't make you stop having an opinion on a ****ty movie. Why should have to build an OS to have an opinion?

If universal apps e.g. Mail app, that has my unread emails every time I open it on a new device, what is universal about it? Just looks? It was universal already in that case. Things like read/unread mails should be synced from server. Notifications from all the universal apps first and third party, appear in my action centre on all my devices. Imagine getting 150+ notifications a day from various apps that are universal and then working with 4 different devices throughout the day!

Satya said, "We want to empower people, let them do more." - I don't see myself doing anything more, than just swiping away notifications all day long as soon as I change my device.

It is very similar to throwing things at wall, seeing what solution sticks, adding it to build and ignore so many really good user feedbacks. They are baking may be top 1 or 2 user feedbacks in each build and adding whatever the heck they want irrespective of what users have already voted and told them works and what doesn't.

Things like this - make people have strong opinions.

I get what you are saying. He, on the other hand, was ranting more about UI. And let's face it. Microsoft cannot build an OS that will appease everyone visually. Someone, somewhere, is going to have a problem with something no matter what they change. It's inevitable.

About the syncing notifications... Things are still early. I'm sure they will figure it out :)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

when i first saw your comment, i thought you were just being naggy, then when i saw the lock screen... :S i couldn't agree more with your comment​

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I don't get this new Microsoft either. Its all about a technical preview and I can't say I'm a big fan of this sort of fumbling around idea on a mass scale to build the next version of the OS.

Old school you had alpha, which is what this isn't, this is more pre-alpha. Then we were at beta. Beta was usually so feature rich and largely stable, you remember the beta builds of Windows 7. Damn near bulletproof and almost everything you owned would run on it. But this isn't that. As an aside, On my 1520 it was good for about a hour until I launched the calculator on 10049 and like a house of cards, is turned to garbage. Never seen anything like it on any any android or IOS platform and I've rooted both.

No biggy right? Its a technical preview. Its like another concept video with a side of 'disclaimer strait jacket'. I get that but again, its an odd conundrum.

The release of Windows 10 happens at the end of THIS month and yet, there was NO beta. At least not yet and no release candidate and no RTM forthcoming. Just fumbling around in preview-ville then its on the store shelves. Seriously? It almost feels like pirated software its so weak and untogether. Is there any wonder MS is treating like like an AOL treated those accounts on a floppy disk. Because its not going to be ready in time for its self-imposed deadline of July 29th. It will launch much like unfinished Vista did and it sank Balmer in the eyes of many. Those getting it for free will continue to test with its disclaimer strait jacket in tow. And I still don't get me started with with Edge. It does almost nothing well and is enormously undependable. If I want to get back a few pages, it is as manual as the old Mosaic browser. One page at a time. No paste to search or paste and go. Its looks good but its chopped up.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wah wah wah wah

Blah blah blah

Whine Whine Whine

Thanks for your intelligent input. You really contributed to the conversation by adding valid points to the discussion. I knew I could expect no less from a Shonen Jump fan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb