New Lumias Too Big?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The phone looks really cool, and wp8 will be great. Although at 4.6-8" on the screen, I'm not too thrilled about the size.

That's one of the things I like about my 4S, the size. My 900 is great but is on the border of also being too big.

Too bad the 800 isn't getting a facelift for wp8, that would be the perfect size for me.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I think that will be a great size, if anything my L900, is almost too small. Really could be I have big hands, so I just prefer a phone, that won't be so small in my hands. Good thing, is it does seem to have 3 different sizes so far, I'm sure more will come afterwards.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The L900 is about the max for me. Not looking for a new phone till the Spring though so I am sure there will be plenty of choices.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Screen size is fine as long as it's the same body size as the Lumia 900. I believe the Titan II is the same dimensions as the Lumia 900 roughly, but sports a ginormous screen.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It will great addition to Lumia line up. Had HTC titan and it was perfect on my hands.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy S III is 4.8 and its only a bit bigger than the 900. If it was a G Note, then it's be a little too big. If it passes 5 that's too much for me.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
For my hand, 4.3" is perfect as I can fully use the phone with one hand.

If size goes up, then it's just not comfortable to single-handedly use the phone for me. (proven as I tried the S3).

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The trend in devices are bigger touch screens. People are moving away from wanting smaller screens or even physical qwerty keyboards because they want big screens for multimedia uses. Nokia has to offer a 4.7"-5.0" WP to get consumers, especially here in the US, interested.

I am sure there will be some great Nokia 4.0" devices or smaller. Nokia is every bit the hardware maker in the Samsung mold. Get as many different form factors and screen sizes out to appeal to as large of a crowd as they can. Just give them some time. I could see a new WP Nokia every month once they start cranking out WP8.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised by how small, light, and pocketable the Galaxy S III was. I went into it feeling as though it would be too big for me, but it was the best Android offering Verizon had so I gave it a shot. I ended up returning it because I hated TouchWiz but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a similar sized phone in the future, although my sweet spot is about a 4.3" screen size.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I want a 4" phone. The L900 is a bit too large for me. a L800-esque 4" phone would be perfect

Exactly I want a smaller phone, 4" is perfect. If the new ones are 4.6 and 4.8 that will be a deal-breaker for me. Not all of us have huge hands and I want something that fits a bit easier in my shirt pocket.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thought. The 900 felt huge switching from iPhone4, and to be honest its still a little awkward. I kept my iphone around for an app i use for the gym, and I will say that typing on that little ******* really grinds my gears. The size of the button on 900 make it way easier.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the size of the Lumia 900, but must admit, it's on the edge of being too large. I have the seidio case and have started to look for a new case that doesn't add so much bulk to the phone.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia should definite look long and hard at the 4.3" size. Allows for 720p while still being pocketable, especially if the bezel is reduced (keep in mind that the Lumia 900 is large for a 4.3" device).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster