New Photos app for W10M?

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Right have a bit of a update on this issue i have with my albums folder !!!

As i said before i still can't access my albums on my 950XL as it just crashes back to the start screen.

But say if i select a picture then go to move it into a album it then gives me all my Albums to select from to put the picture in !!! So my albums are there but I just can't get into them through the Album menu on the photos app !!! So annoying as i use my albums all the time !!!

Really hope this gets resolved with a photos app update !!! As i can't see a way around this !! Unless anybody in here has any bright ideas !!
Obviously i can't reset the photo app as its a major app on mobile but even if i could have reset it I suppose i would loose all my photos on the app but i suppose it is all backed up on the one drive so wouldn't matter too much if i could do it !

Any ideas or if any body else has the same issue please let me know thanks.

Ross Brown.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Right have a bit of a update on this issue i have with my albums folder !!!

As i said before i still can't access my albums on my 950XL as it just crashes back to the start screen.

But say if i select a picture then go to move it into a album it then gives me all my Albums to select from to put the picture in !!! So my albums are there but I just can't get into them through the Album menu on the photos app !!! So annoying as i use my albums all the time !!!

Really hope this gets resolved with a photos app update !!! As i can't see a way around this !! Unless anybody in here has any bright ideas !!
Obviously i can't reset the photo app as its a major app on mobile but even if i could have reset it I suppose i would loose all my photos on the app but i suppose it is all backed up on the one drive so wouldn't matter too much if i could do it !

Any ideas or if any body else has the same issue please let me know thanks.

Ross Brown.

Unfortunately Ross, going by what MS has said, they released this version of the Photos app by mistake (which makes no sense really). They have stopped it now so any update to the Photos app may put you back on the original version.

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply.

The version i am running for the photos app is the latest edition of the old photos app. I went to the new version and it went back to the old original design and now i can't access my Albums!!

So its the old original windows 10 mobile photo app i am running and my Albums don't work its so annoying !!!!

Cheers.

Ross.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately Ross, going by what MS has said, they released this version of the Photos app by mistake (which makes no sense really). They have stopped it now so any update to the Photos app may put you back on the original version.

The update was probably intended for iOS and Android only:(

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yea i guess they did make it for Android and ios !!! Such a shame about the situation with w10 mobile I'm gutted, anyway moving on i guess............
I have still had no luck accessing my Albums it still crashes back to the start screen !!! but i managed to save all my albums to my one drive in a long about fashion so if i need to view them or get a picture i can thankfully but only on one drive. But this is not ideal !! Hope there is a fix for this in some sort of update in the photos app !! Thanks for your help guys its much appreciated.

Ross Brown.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The update was probably intended for iOS and Android only:(

It's quite sad that MS had actually developed the updated Photos app for W10M but weren't actually going to release it.

Yea i guess they did make it for Android and ios !!! Such a shame about the situation with w10 mobile I'm gutted, anyway moving on i guess............
I have still had no luck accessing my Albums it still crashes back to the start screen !!! but i managed to save all my albums to my one drive in a long about fashion so if i need to view them or get a picture i can thankfully but only on one drive. But this is not ideal !! Hope there is a fix for this in some sort of update in the photos app !! Thanks for your help guys its much appreciated.

Ross Brown.

Chances are Ross, sadly, whatever fix will put you back on the stock Photos app like the rest of us. MS won't fix issues with a program update they never intended to release in the first place.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It's quite sad that MS had actually developed the updated Photos app for W10M but weren't actually going to release it.
I am still using the updated app. :)

What model phone are you using?
There is one way you might revive this, but requires installing Interop Tools, and interop unlocking your phone if you have one of the recent Lumias. I did not want to mention that but if you get desperate that would be one way, so that you could uninstall the photos app and reinstall it. You would also have full file system access to remove the current photos apps manually if necessary. Sounds like remnants of an older or even the newer version are still there and currently installed one is unable to open since there are conflicts.

You could also wait for an update. Chances are it should help. But there is no guarantee that update will fix your issue. A hard reset would definitely fix it, but who wants to go through that for just a photos app ;)...Wait and see I guess.

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Cheers for your comments guys.

Yea i think i will pass on the hard reset and hope they bring out a new update for the old photos app to sort my issue out !!

As you say i must have some new and old photo app software installed together causing a conflict which causes me not to be able to open my Albums !!!

Oh well fingers crossed we get a update in the photos app soon and it will fix this.

Thanks.

Ross.v

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077