New Surface Book will be launched in 2016?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
No chance it would be a manufacturing nightmare. The issue is no one would buy the clipboard (they would just buy the Surface Pro) without the base but many more users would buy upgrades to the base without the clipboard. The clipboards would only sale to first time buyers.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
No chance it would be a manufacturing nightmare. The issue is no one would buy the clipboard (they would just buy the Surface Pro) without the base but many more users would buy upgrades to the base without the clipboard. The clipboards would only sale to first time buyers.

Until there was a big enough jump in hardware specs ... then people would want a new clipboard for an upgraded CPU & RAM. The base is just the battery & GPU, after all.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The last item I returned to Best Buy they opened the box and carefully inspected the serial number.

The two serial #s are tied together (base and clipboard), even though each has its own. That's what I've been told. Right after the SB launch, I heard stories about people buying SB units that were supposed to have the GPU and they didn't -- as though folks had done the buy both, switch the bases, and then return the more expensive unit trick. Guess Best Buy wised up to that real fast ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senda.123