New to windows phone, loving it already

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting to migrate to windows phone for a while now. Recently, I saw a deal I couldn't pass up. It was an open box Lumia 810 for $60. I just had to get it.

The phone feels incredible. Way better than my S3. This phone feels incredibly solid and sturdy in my hand. The pictures are great. And at $60, I can't go wrong with it.

You see, I'm a structure engineer. Sometimes I have to be out in the construction site managing the work. A couple weeks ago, my buddy and I were out overseeing some work done. He had a call from the office so he was talking on his brand new super expensive S4. He then hung up and put it in his front shirt pocket. Went over to the concrete pit where they were pouring and leaned over to take a look under. And there went his phone into the concrete pit :evil::evil::evil:

The amazing thing was it was still ringing when I tried to call it after. It is buried under several tons of concrete now.

So, if something happens to my new windows phone, it's only $60 and it won't be too much of a loss. Haha.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPC and that a great story if I did that I would be going to get the device straight out of the concrete!

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha, no chance. Several tons of concrete has hardened on top of it. If you want you can try to break through several tons of reinforced concrete to get it haha.

weareinfinite

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Great story! I also like these posts in general and think it's fun that we're a small enough community still that it's totally legit for us to make posts like hey I just got this phone and it rocks. Kinda feels like this in a good way:

tumblr_mckg8ooKCB1qcm16uo1_500.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPC
You friend's S3 is now a nice solid ex-phone!! LOL
only in its demise can it be solid as a brick !!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting to migrate to windows phone for a while now. Recently, I saw a deal I couldn't pass up. It was an open box Lumia 810 for $60. I just had to get it.

The phone feels incredible. Way better than my S3. This phone feels incredibly solid and sturdy in my hand. The pictures are great. And at $60, I can't go wrong with it.

You see, I'm a structure engineer. Sometimes I have to be out in the construction site managing the work. A couple weeks ago, my buddy and I were out overseeing some work done. He had a call from the office so he was talking on his brand new super expensive S4. He then hung up and put it in his front shirt pocket. Went over to the concrete pit where they were pouring and leaned over to take a look under. And there went his phone into the concrete pit :evil::evil::evil:

The amazing thing was it was still ringing when I tried to call it after. It is buried under several tons of concrete now.

So, if something happens to my new windows phone, it's only $60 and it won't be too much of a loss. Haha.

I wonder if that concrete was vibrating when you gave a ring :s, welcome to the forum btw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786