New to Windows Phone!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Someone needs to suggest that to Microsoft. Windows Phone apps don't have age ratings, do they? I know the iOS App Store does have ratings, but I'm not sure if there is a way to hide apps with adult content.

Nope. It's very disappointing. I don't want to see that crap, honestly. Let us restrict it, Microsoft!

anish mahadik

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I am new here and I have read your information. I really like it very much. I am very impressed and I am looking for the widow phone. Please You tell me the Nokia Lumia 710 is a window phone or not. Reply me on this thread.
Yes definitely, Nokia 710 is a windows phone bro!!

anish mahadik

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Its been 8 days now with lumia 710. I am really starting to like WP now. Finding many beautiful apps and have all the apps i need. Installed 58 apps in total!!! and still no lag no slowdowns or anything. Simply the best Mobile OS i have ever used till now.

The Phone itself is ok, it is very comfortable to hold for long hours and screen is blindingly bright at full brightness. Getting used to hard buttons.
Audio quality is disastrous, keeping my Galaxy S (The best mp3 player i have heard after COWON, has the Wolfson DAC) for music. Battery life is bad, but i am Ok with it, knew it before buying.

My next phone will be definitely a Windows phone Apollo device.
My dream device would be: HTC design, Samsung internals, Nokia's Support.:D

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm 3 months in, and still no lag or slowdown!! I don't believe there ever will be (except for the odd strange slowdown for a few seconds, once or twice a month when doing something in particular).

After 2 or 3 months, my WinMo device wasn't "slow" in the true sense of the word (it's a clean WinMo 6.1 install, with Sense turned off, and SPB Shell on), but it had certainly slowed down and become laggy compared to when it was newly installed. In fact, the boot-up time went from 30 seconds or thereabouts, to over a minute!! Opening messages was often a case of waiting for an age for them to start up, to the point where I just left it running in the background all the time lol. I notice the sheer speed of Windows Phone even more, when I use my TouchPro 2, even when it's running well, it feels slow. And it's overclocked to 741Mhz!! Plus it needs a restart every day or two to keep it running sweet, WinPhone never really needs a reboot, though I do try to once a week to be on the safe side.

:)

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
SuperTube is deffo where it's at!! I think the Pro version is even free now as well!! It's worth having for the slider on the video's on it's own; it's funny isnt it, how Microsoft do not have the brains to work out that a slider is a blatantly obvious better solution for forwarding on a touchscreen, than an antiquated and tedious forward/rewind button, that you can't even hold to scan!!

I don't really understand what you're on about. The standard player on WP devices has that slider for forward/rewind. At least on Nokia's it does.

andyl66

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Honestly you will be amazed at what wp7 can do out of the box. Just hit the search button and play with visual search, then the music search, it is far superior to goggles. I could go on for hours about how amazing an is it is. Enjoy your time with it :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Honestly you will be amazed at what wp7 can do out of the box. Just hit the search button and play with visual search, then the music search, it is far superior to goggles. I could go on for hours about how amazing an is it is. Enjoy your time with it :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Just a shame Microsoft don't allow to zoom on Bing Search for WP. Unless you open the image on the webpage. Bit of an oversight to leave that feature out. There'll be some reason for it, no doubt, but imho, it's a drawback.

I wonder if they changed it in Tango...

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Wrong forum; WP is not Symbian. ;)

Look man, I've got the Lumia 710. It definitely HAS the slider thing for fast forwarding, I use it every day to FF my movies. Now the zune MUSIC player on the other hand only has the buttons. But the VIDEO player on a Nokia Lumia 710 (WINDOWS PHONE, yes!) has it. Or I must have a Lumia that's somehow different then everybody elses.

So I'll ask again : What ARE you on about when saying a WP (Windows Phone, not Symbian) device does not have a slider for FF movies ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99