New user of the Nokia 800 rm-801 unlocked

Timothy Morano

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone my name is Tim. I recently purchased a Lumia 800 rm-801 unlocked. However, I haven't chose a carrier yet. I am located just north of Philadelphia, PA so I am confident 3G speeds should be as good as it gets. I have two question though... from research it seems to me I have 2 choices of carrier's. At&t or T-Mobile. That being said, everyone seems to lean towards going with tmobile. Should I follow suit or be different and go with atnt? Secondly, after I insert the sim card will I have to add an apn to be able to connect to my apps and browser? If so, how do I do that? Thank you for your time and patience.
Finally I can get rid of my crappy laggy android. I don't know about everyone here but I am fed up with android and iPhone OS. They are good for the first year and then boom it loves to crash apps and battery likes to drain ever so quickly. Thank God the 800's battery is accessible within 5 minutes of disassembling with the right tools lol.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely go with T-Mobile or an affiliate carrier. Most flexible and the only one of two carriers that still offer truly unlimited data ($70 plan).

I personally use their $30 plan (100mins/unlimited SMS,mms/unlimited data full 4g at 5GB than reduced).

Adding apn settings should be under settings>cellular, if not, Nokia should have a specific app in their catalogue that allows this.

Question, what made you get the 800?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard Tim to WP central it's great to have you here in the forums, a good area to take a look at is the Windows phone 8 (guilds and how to's) tips and tricks for newbie's. Good luck with that new phone.

Timothy Morano

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 800 for the price (84.00USD), it was well taken care of, the processor is good to my standards, I do manual labor for work so I didn't want to spend money on something pricey that will cost alot to replace and was difficult to fix. The 800 if you break anything as far as hardware the parts are available and it's easy to fix by yourself

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums..i am not sure of what speeds you will get with T-Mobile but they have some of the best prices. I plan to make the switch this month

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Timothy Morano

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Update... So I went from a Samsung galaxy s3 to this phone. It was a downgrade only as far as pricing. The operating system is MUCH cleaner and smooth. The apps open much quicker, Nokia Drive is top notch, Nokia music is incredible. I honestly don't understand why CNET and other sponsors are down talking the windows os. It literally blows iPhone and droid out of the water. This is my personal opinion of course. But I've had every android os and almost every apple. I used them all on a daily basis. For this phone being 2 years old, I'm sorry but if you get a droid at 2 years old. It will crash every other app, it will freeze and be laggy. You can't prove me wrong because that's a fact lol. I am NEVER going back to android and apple. They are obsolete in my eyes. The only 1 up they have over windows is... Yea i got nothing lol. They are ALL over priced. I can't understand how a phone can cost more then what i pay a year on car insurance. If your reading this Microsoft. Keep up the good work. Thank you for stepping your game up, you have no idea how happy and appreciative i am.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc