Newbie going nuts with Lumia 920 battery!

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I set all push email to OFF. Just get them when you want to download them. Otherwise eats up batt and annoying dinging buzzing all the time. Unless you are emergency responder or something...get email when YOU want them.

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Location services has been a culprit for me & few apps like WhatsApp, Skype & FB (which recently has become better). When I started keeping location off when not needed improved the battery life. Also if you live/work in weak LTE signal then try setting to 3G somehow or use WiFi. Also try draining battery couple of times until phone shuts off and then charging all the way up helps too in the beginning. Keep an eye on area near rear facing camera if gets warm/hot during your usage.

My new (5 days) Lumia 920 starts day at 100% battery. Three hours later, with almost no activity, it is down to 63%, I have Battery Pro+ by Nokia installed. It says battery consumption is 11% per hour. :angry: Only have two Weather apps and this one in the background. All others closed. Any suggestions? This hadn't been so until now.

By the way, how can I keep Bing Search from showing when the phone comes out of the Lock Screen?

Thanks.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have apps running in background? If you go to Settings, you'll notice Large type heading, "system." Swipe right to left to see the list of applications, then select "background tasks." I've blocked all except News, Weather, and Twitter.

Another poster suggested uninstalling HERE Drive+ but that gives you driving directions. You really don't need GPS apps running in background. When you open an app to use it, it will either locate you or ask if it can use your location... Either way, you only need GPS on when you want a service to know where you are.

Games are huge battery suck, particularly graphics intensive ones. My 920 is only good for about 4-5 hours if I'm playing Tetris Blitz or Wordament. Otherwise, my 920 is usually good for 40-48 hours. I am on WiFi at home most of the time and that may make a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toysforkids