NewsSpot - a Google Reader client

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
NewsSpot v2.9 should now be available in the Marketplace. The update includes:

- Added possibility to change the font size in the article view
- Added possibility to go to the main page on back key press when loading from a secondary tile
- Improved slide gesture in article view

Happy reading :)

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
NewsSpot v2.10 for WP7 and v3.0 for WP8 got released yesterday. This update includes:

Verison 3.0:
  • Full lock screen integration with quick and detailed status as well as background image. All updating in the background.
  • Pin sharp live tiles including the new wide tile style
  • Fast app resume
  • New splash screen
  • All graphics now in high resolution
  • The usual bug fixes ;)

Version 2.10:

• New splash screen
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

Attached are some screenshots from the new live tiles and the lock screen of the WP8 version. Looking forward to your feedback!

Happy reading :)
WVGA_7.jpg WVGA_8.jpg

t0n1zz

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
hey i wonder if i use full version/paid one, do i still get splash screen? or any way i can disable the splash screen?

sorry i just don't like splash screen.... don't know if other will agree with me

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
hey i wonder if i use full version/paid one, do i still get splash screen? or any way i can disable the splash screen?

sorry i just don't like splash screen.... don't know if other will agree with me

Hi t0n1zz,

Yes, you will still get the splash screen, although there will be no trial notice and it will fade out automatically. Unfortunately the API does not allow changing the splash screen once installed, hence one has to stick to it.

t0n1zz

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi t0n1zz,

Yes, you will still get the splash screen, although there will be no trial notice and it will fade out automatically. Unfortunately the API does not allow changing the splash screen once installed, hence one has to stick to it.

oh i just hope maybe you can just not use any splash... because i already tried other news feed like this and what i like is they don't include splash and it makes the app looks very smooth... well its just my personal opinion ahhahaaa....

yarkiebrown

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Will newsspot become redundant once google reader is switched off or do you have any plans on switching it to be an RSS reader in its own right?

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear yarkiebrown: Of course not! NewsSpot will continue to be developed. It's just that we have to shift some priorities now :)

Plain RSS will definitely be an option, however, our initial focus is on connecting to an online service.

Please also read the statement on our website and the great article on WPCentral.

yarkiebrown

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh good, I did panic a little after hearing the announcement (sad but true), with it being my most used app... Look forward to see what you come up with

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
For us it was sudden, though not unexpected. Google has been disassembling its reader service for a while now, but somehow you hope the day of shutdown never becomes true.

However, the more we think about it, the more we are looking forward to the new opportunities that will arise now. Google has been the major player here, making it difficult for others to invent and earn money. Plus, it's not like Google put a lot effort into new features.

Now all the backend services (NewsBlur, Feedly, Fever, just to name a few) will get more attention, and that will bring innovation. So actually it's really exiting to be part of that change :)

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It's been already a while that we released an update, so here are the news:

• (WP8 only) Raised limit of number of synced articles to 2.000 for each starred and reading list
  • (WP8 only) Added share via QR-code
  • YouTube videos are started without using an external app
  • Improved sharing via phone services
  • Long hold an item in the article list to share it
  • Accelerated switching between articles
  • (WP8 only) Fixed bug: autosync on start works again

Happy reading!

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something obvious? How do you delete the "bookmark" feeds? Thanks for making a great product.

The "bookmark" should actually be called "I cannot assign a feed", which on the one hand comes from imported Google Reader favorites, which end up as shared stories without a feed assigned. On the other hand, there seems to be a bug in the API where it returns items without a feed assigned as unread ones. The former is not a bug, it's a feature :) The latter should be fixable though. Watch out for the next version!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss