Next flagship phone 2014?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As always, I'm hoping for something great to come to Verizon... Something with 41 MP or more, with 128GB storage and Micro SD slot, 1080p, not larger than 5", octo-core..... Nothing really special, mind you.... :wink:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
As always, I'm hoping for something great to come to Verizon... Something with 41 MP or more, with 128GB storage and Micro SD slot, 1080p, not larger than 5", octo-core..... Nothing really special, mind you.... :wink:

Ohh, yea...just sounds like the bare minimum, haha.

I'd take your Super Phone even with 32GB though and MicroSD Slot.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that windows will be releasing a phone sometime in April when they rel 8.1. Anyone else hear the same thing?

You mean Nokia? They have a couple that are being thrown around lately...zero real details about them (630, 930, and unknown) I think.

Windows will be releasing Windows Phone 8.1 update in April, but 'Windows' doesn't have a phone.

I think there is supposed to be a new Samsung soon but I am not sure that was a Flagship or another economy model.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
2014 Flagship will probably be the Lumia 930. It sounds to be very impressive with specs that rival the Lumia Icon, but with added features like an SD Card slot. I know that's what is believed to happen since the Lumia 920 has been the most successful WP8 so far.
Towards the end of the year we'll probably see the Lumia 1020's successor as well. I doubt they'll show it off at BUILD because if they released the 1020 Successor, and the 930 there wouldn't be much incentive to get the 930 if they're anything comparable to the 1020/920.

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
To what Daniel Rubino said in the latest podcast. He expects the 930 to be the successor to the 920. (surprisingly one hasn't been released by now) We need the next big representation for WP like how the 920 was. I expect that to get released same timeframe as the 920. And all the 920 buyers and 8X also will be off their 2 year contract

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
To what Daniel Rubino said in the latest podcast. He expects the 930 to be the successor to the 920. (surprisingly one hasn't been released by now) We need the next big representation for WP like how the 920 was. I expect that to get released same timeframe as the 920. And all the 920 buyers and 8X also will be off their 2 year contract

You think the 930 is going to wait all the way until Christmas 2014? That is what you are saying by the 'same timeframe as the 920' right?

I would tend to disagree, since they skipped the 2013 Holiday. I think the 925/928 became the 2013 refresh of the 920, and coming up in June the 925 becomes 1 year old (May for 928), I think THAT will be the point they are trying to hit.... They won't wait until the 920 is 2 years old and the 925 is 18 months old (November).

EDIT: And for what it matters...April is the 2 year anniversary of the 900.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if the 930 will will really be the new flagship. At least, I hope not. I sort of got the impression that it's probably going to slot into the upper mid-range or low part of the high-end specs-wise. Even if it's the same specs as the Icon, it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. A major OS update like this should have a flagship that takes advantage of the new features it brings to the table. Goldfinger I think was supposed to be the true WP 8.1 flagship out the gate but rumor has it being delayed.

tl;dr: I don't think the 930 was intended to be the flagship at launch but since the true flagship got delayed, it may be the de facto flagship.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if the 930 will will really be the new flagship. At least, I hope not. I sort of got the impression that it's probably going to slot into the upper mid-range or low part of the high-end specs-wise. Even if it's the same specs as the Icon, it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. A major OS update like this should have a flagship that takes advantage of the new features it brings to the table. Goldfinger I think was supposed to be the true WP 8.1 flagship out the gate but rumor has it being delayed.

tl;dr: I don't think the 930 was intended to be the flagship at launch but since the true flagship got delayed, it may be the de facto flagship.
What do you mean by "Take advantage of the new features it offers"? What won't the Lumia 930 be able to do that is included in 8.1?
I definitely see the Lumia 930 as the flagship phone since the Lumia 920 was a huge success before it. Goldfinger is all rumors at this point, we've only heard of hard to believe specs and rumored features, it sounds like an Iphone rumor were it's clearly too good to be true. I suspect Goldfinger is simply the Lumia 1030 and nothing more than that.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by "Take advantage of the new features it offers"? What won't the Lumia 930 be able to do that is included in 8.1?
I definitely see the Lumia 930 as the flagship phone since the Lumia 920 was a huge success before it. Goldfinger is all rumors at this point, we've only heard of hard to believe specs and rumored features, it sounds like an Iphone rumor were it's clearly too good to be true. I suspect Goldfinger is simply the Lumia 1030 and nothing more than that.

Well quite a few of the rumors say that the 930 will be basically just the international version of the Icon. Don't get me wrong, the Icon is a lovely piece of kit, but slapping new radios in it isn't going to give us anything new that we don't already have with the Icon. I just feel like the flagship for a new OS release should bring a few new features to the table, hardware-wise; things that aren't possible on old hardware or software.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well quite a few of the rumors say that the 930 will be basically just the international version of the Icon. Don't get me wrong, the Icon is a lovely piece of kit, but slapping new radios in it isn't going to give us anything new that we don't already have with the Icon. I just feel like the flagship for a new OS release should bring a few new features to the table, hardware-wise; things that aren't possible on old hardware or software.
While I understand your point, I feel that including new features hard-wise should only be done if it's something useful. And as the mobile world stands now that isn't happening anywhere.
It's worth noting that nothing has been confirmed on the Lumia 930. And given the fact we haven't even seen pictures of it yet I reason there is still a lot of information unsaid regarding it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h