Night Shots

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Have you got other interesting shots to share? I would like to see how 928's camera performs in daylight conditions.

Personally I own 820, decent camera, even better with Nokia Camera app, but I'm thinking about upgrading to Lumia 920-925.

:)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Really nice, I like those also :) thanks for sharing! I can feel something more when I see this one with your mother standing in front of monument. It's something special. Can't describe, but everyone who lost beloved person will have this feeling. + Mustang always on TOP :) greetings!

mooreted

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I really like that one. It's amazing what you can capture with the right shot.

Glad you liked them. It was a pretty good learning curve with all the settings, but I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
yeah, definitely you are :) This one is a kind of those, which have something special about. It's soul-touching! It's rare nowadays.

I realize myself as a photographer with smartphone camera, because its handy. It's more about person behind the camera, not the camera itself.

Wish you a lot of special shots.! :p

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got 2 tips for You :)

1) clean Your lens before shooting :)winktongue:)
2) set ISO to 100 whenever possible - even when shooting in the dark and find ways to get the phone stable even for a price of some discomfort, You can get stunning photos like this (Lumia 920 - basically the same camera besides the flash).
WP_20130919_002.jpg
2013_05_22_00_46_59_ProShot.jpg
2013_03_25_23_36_59_ProShot.jpg

more in the So you want to take better pictures thread.
Lumia 928 picture thread HERE for more reference (daylight pictures).

mooreted

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I always make sure the lenses is clean. At ISO 100 I get really blurry shots, but I will try.

Sent from my easy chair using brainwaves.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It looked a little smudged even in daylight - and at the night shots the flares looked bigger than they're supposed to be.. No offense meant. :)

mooreted

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I thought that too. I thought there might be a lens protector on it from shipping as well, but there's nothing there. Maybe my camera is faulty.

mooreted

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The first set of pictures of landscapes were before the Amber update and using the Windows phone app on auto, so maybe that makes a difference.

I should get a tripod and see if I can lower the ISO at night. I have a heck of a time holding the phone still for half a second or more.

mooreted

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh well, maybe I'll upgrade to a 1020 or just get a DSLR. I can often compensate for the glare by kicking up the shutter speed to make the shots darker. I don't know if it's the lens or the light sensor.

mooreted

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, after experimenting, I notice my phone takes really bright pictures even in dim lighting. I have use fast shutter speed or lower brightness to get good shots. Here in the office on a cloudy day I'm getting good shots at ISO 100 and 1/125 shutter speed.

Sent from my easy chair using brainwaves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss