No contacts, can't export from outlook.com.. frustrating!

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
To days ago I have noticed that I have no contacts in my Lumia 950xl! Nothing.. I haven't change anything (at least I don't know) and it just disappeared! Feel like I have an iPhone :(
So.. I have tried export all my contacts from outlook.com to google as I see google contacts are showing up!
See.. Microsoft WP showing only my google account (I have only one contact) and not showing any of my outlook account!!
When trying to export the contacts from outlook website it end up with an Empty scv file...
I did and hard reset for my phone, twice.. Nothing!
I have tried to export my contacts from my outlook 2016 (pc) and it did work, but it show weird text instead of names or question marks..
Any idea?
Thanks!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
To days ago I have noticed that I have no contacts in my Lumia 950xl! Nothing.. I haven't change anything (at least I don't know) and it just disappeared! Feel like I have an iPhone :(
So.. I have tried export all my contacts from outlook.com to google as I see google contacts are showing up!
See.. Microsoft WP showing only my google account (I have only one contact) and not showing any of my outlook account!!
When trying to export the contacts from outlook website it end up with an Empty scv file...
I did and hard reset for my phone, twice.. Nothing!
I have tried to export my contacts from my outlook 2016 (pc) and it did work, but it show weird text instead of names or question marks..
Any idea?
Thanks!

Before hard reseting how many outlook.com accounts did you have on your phone and also did you update the people app from the store?

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your reply!
I have only one outlook account, I tried update it in the store but it shows no update..
It's the 4 day without contacts :( ...

Jack0B

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey STi and TechFreak1,

I just started to write that i have the same problem... I tried to solve it myself. And started with exporting a '.csv file, just to be safe.

My solution:
There is a new Folder at outlook.live.com it's just "Contacts" in my first language. So i imported the *.csv file from "contacts" back to "Kontakte". Then i got to People app (PC and mobile) and resynced them. And they are finally back! :)

I really hope it does work for you also.
I'll visit this topic again to see if we can solve your problem too.

Kind regards
Jakob

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey STi and TechFreak1,

I just started to write that i have the same problem... I tried to solve it myself. And started with exporting a '.csv file, just to be safe.

My solution:
There is a new Folder at outlook.live.com it's just "Contacts" in my first language. So i imported the *.csv file from "contacts" back to "Kontakte". Then i got to People app (PC and mobile) and resynced them. And they are finally back! :)

I really hope it does work for you also.
I'll visit this topic again to see if we can solve your problem too.

Kind regards
Jakob

Hey, thanks, but it won't let me export, I mean it export an empty file with no contacts after I selected all..

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, thanks, but it won't let me export, I mean it export an empty file with no contacts after I selected all..
Wow! I have changed the contacts list name that is under "other" to some name the I have right clicked on it and was able to move it to "my list" then export and import the file to the main one.. It's looks like it working (syncing as I write)!
Thank you!! No thanks MS!

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
So, no luck with outlook import, even its exported from the site itself it says there is a problem.. So I just imported it to my google account.. I have to say,it's so lame!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss