No Creators Update from the get go....Moly did not make the list....

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't shoot the messenger ..... from Mary Jo on ZD

Only a subset of Windows Phones will get Windows 10 Creators Update | ZDNet

Alcatel IDOL 4S
Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
HP Elite x3
Lenovo Softbank 503LV
MCJ Madosma Q601
Microsoft Lumia 550
Microsoft Lumia 640/640XL
Microsoft Lumia 650
Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL
Trinity NuAns Neo
VAIO VPB051

If Moly not listed, this will also BORK WB phones as well......not to say a work around can more then likely found.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From the Indiegogo comments:
Gregory MurphyCampaigner

Creators, Yes. We are trying to confirm how the future updates will work, though it is stated in our agreement. Warranty details are still with legal. It will be 1 year limited. Details to come has to how the warranty will be administered.

Warranty is separate from support cycle which can be set at any stretch the OEM wants. Usually two years. Wharton Brooks has pledged "long term" support for their devices when launched.

From Microsoft:
As has been the case with pervious Windows updates, a device may not be able to receive the Creators Update if the device hardware is incompatible, lacking current drivers, or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer's ('OEM') support period. These devices will continue to receive security and servicing fixes according to our OS support policy.

The OEM support clock has not even started ticking on the Moment. It won't start until it launches.

And allow me to point out that the Madosma Q601 is built by Coship who uses Moly as their in-house branding and by all accounts the Lenovo Softbank 503LV seems to be a Coship build as well...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hope you're right. As to the models, if they are from same parent this should not be a worry.....I hope.

It's all about support. Alcatel Fierce XL is no longer sold, but it's getting the Creators Update because it is in support from Alcatel along with the Idol 4S Windows.

Madosma Q601 is getting the update because it has support from the OEM, Mouse Computer not the ODM, Coship who built it. Coship also did the ODM for Funker W6.0 Pro 2. It is the exact same phone, a rebadged Coship Moly PCphone, yet not on the list to get the update. Presumably because the OEM Funker dropped support for it...

I know it is clear as a stirred up mud puddle, but that's the way I read it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
All of those were Nokia phones. That is why. The list includes the higher end Microsoft phones and the additional OEM phones.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I hope you're right. As to the models, if they are from same parent this should not be a worry.....I hope.

The hw maker has nothing to do with the support. However the hardware has to be supported by Microsoft from the get go (driver/service). Who knows all the reasons why Microsoft choose there models. The OEM companies obviously have some better HW in some, and two they are still providing support to there specific phone. Possibly FW, or warranty...no details really on that though.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It looks like all were the last gen SoCs, except for the 640 from what is shown.
its hard to say bcuz the 830 and others have the same SoCs of the 640 (but i know they are Nokia) but there are some lumia 445 i guess? therer are 2 lumias lo Budget but they arent on the list, weird

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
its hard to say bcuz the 830 and others have the same SoCs of the 640 (but i know they are Nokia) but there are some lumia 445 i guess? therer are 2 lumias lo Budget but they arent on the list, weird

In an article it was explained by Microsoft in this way "As has been the case with pervious Windows updates, a device may not be able to receive the Creators Update if the device hardware is incompatible, lacking current drivers, or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer's ('OEM') support period."

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
All of those were Nokia phones. That is why. The list includes the higher end Microsoft phones and the additional OEM phones.

I wouldn't call a 550 or 640 high end but I get your point. Not one single Nokia phone is being supported at this moment therefore no CU.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya the 640 was the only upgraded phone from WP8 that went through. It probably wont make it to RS3 though.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
The thing that bums me out is the 735 isn't on the list. The 735 is the only current Windows 10 phone on Verizon (that I believe) and is what I'm currently using. Grrrrr

I guess I need to send feedback to MS that will obviously get ignored.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The thing that bums me out is the 735 isn't on the list. The 735 is the only current Windows 10 phone on Verizon (that I believe) and is what I'm currently using. Grrrrr

I guess I need to send feedback to MS that will obviously get ignored.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
Ya, I have seen VZ slowly dwindle off Windows. I left VZ about 3 years ago because of that. Glad I did too.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think every VZ windows phone user left, needs to at least back Cerulean. From my point of view they are the only confirmed OEM planning to bring a phone to VZ. Think about that one...

Greg has confirmed Creators update as a go on indiegogo. It just has to get released now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo