No FM Radio on WM10 build 14322?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

No FM Radio on WM10 build 14322

Lumia 640

I could have sworn I had that pinned to my start screen, and then poof it vanished!! No notice that said "we have uninstalled the following . . . "

Can someone confirm? I have already entered feedback.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: No FM Radio on WM10 build 14322

I do not see FM radio listed in my apps anymore on my 1520. Looks like Microsoft missed to test this functionality before pushing the button.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: No FM Radio on WM10 build 14322

Originally posted by Windows Central Question
Lumia 640

I could have sworn I had that pinned to my start screen, and then poof it vanished!! No notice that said "we have uninstalled the following . . . "

Can someone confirm? I have already entered feedback.

I have a 640 and after upgrading to 14322, my fm radio disappeared from my start screen. Had it pinned next to groove and movies & tv, now there's an empty space between where it was.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
No, Groove doesn't have FM radio. We're talking about Frequency Modulation, over-the-air FM Radio, not a music streaming service.

The functionality to access the radio was not removed, just the app. There are several apps in the store that work with this build that will allow you to have the functionality back again.

I am currently using one of those apps. Well, I'm testing several. Some crash often.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The one I'm using that I like for the moment is Radio FM Phone by Lars Nowak. 4.2 stars. The method of manual tuning by spinning the dial is quick and effective, and there is the micro-tuning buttons for one click at a time. No "search" feature, but I know the stations I'm looking for and get to program them to the presets.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, the app I'm using, while the best I've found so far (and I don't have time to test every stinking one in the store), will NOT allow me to play to the speaker! It can only play to the wired headset. That's a deal breaker for me, as I can't switch to speaker to let others listen in with me.

What we need is a new (or existing if one can do this, I'd pay for it) FM Radio app that can do the following:

1. Fast, easy tuning.
2. Fast, easy station search.
3. Favorite station listing, with each station being able to be pinned to the start screen.
4. Choice of audio output.
a. Headset
b. Phone Speaker
c. Bluetooth (as long as wired headset is plugged in.)

I have an audio cable that I use currently to output to an external powered speaker, which is great when I have it with me. It's got the audio plug on both ends. It's heavy duty enough that it gets much better reception than a wired headset (with those flimsy wires), because people like a lightweight headset. I'd love to be able to carry the cable with me, plug in at the park or beach, and listen wireless with my Bluetooth headset. That would be convenient for me.

Does anyone know of, or is anyone willing to download and research and locate, an FM Radio app than can do all those things? Please let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss