No music of any kind, from any app after 8.1, any suggestions?

Deviantelf

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I has no music and I love music. Any suggestions or anyone else with similar issues welcome. Yes I realize it's a dev preview and things aren't guaranteed to work, but if there's something I can do I'd love to hear it, even if it doesn't work for me, it might for someone else.

My issues and what I've done:

Music gives a sync error to any file played, even when online sync is allowed (though my music is on the phone, from CDs so no restrictions on use). Nokia MusicMixRadio blacks out and then crashes eventually. FM Radio pics up no stations with headphones plugged in (for the antenna). I downloaded Extreme Music and it couldn't play anything but it didn't give an error or anything... just didn't play anything or rarely said my device couldn't play that file.

All files are .mp3 and worked in Win 8 on both Xbox Music and NokiaMixRadio.. I've deleted the music files and then disconnected, restarted both phone and pc (overkill I know), reconnected, then added the music files again. No joy. Even if it worked it wouldn't explain the FM Radio not working.

Hoping someone has some suggestions, I haven't had a phone with no music ability since the early 2000s and I'm lost :(. Thanks!

Edit: It's a Lumia 1020.

Deviantelf

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, on the plus side I did a soft reset and am now able to play music in the Music app. Same issues though with other music apps/FM Radio.

Eventually I'll hard reset but I can at least play music somewhere now. :) Since everything else is working as it should at this point it would be more of a hassle for me.

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Since everything else is working as it should at this point it would be more of a hassle for me.

I am right there with you.. I am feel like so I got to take out my SD card and put it back in when it doesn't recognize it... Compared to what some people have been saying I feel I am lucky haha no need for a hard reset anymore

Deviantelf

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Few more reboots (this is a Windows product after all) and FM Radio now pics up all my local stations. :) Not overly important but handy for "work safe" music and in bad weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos