No wearable

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
It bugs me there is no decent wearable that allows text and/or voice replies from the device. I had 5 Band 2s and ultimately now sit on a store credit with nothing to buy. (Band 2 sucked)

It's too bad bc I love my 640XL, but will prob switch to Apple so I can have a full featured wearable watch.

Last edited:

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I like my Band 2 and haven't had an issue with the notifications. Being able to reply through the Band was never important and only thing missing is waterproofing. I hate having to leave it at the house while out on the kayak or any other activity around the water.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I liked Band 2, except the build quality was awful. Cracking and Breaking bands is unacceptable. I also didn't like the lack of water proof, but knew that going in...it was a disappointment overall as the Software was spotty and battery life less than advertised, as well as miserable build quality. So many good wearables like Garmin, but none can text from the device w W10M or WP8

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So with today's "no band 3" announcement, there is no wearable that works with 2 way notifications, etc with w10m. Really stinks.

Guess they just want to focus on business customers, but too late to that party as most have already gone to Android, iOS or BYOD.

Sounding like game over.

Last edited:

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Garmin supports notifications and then there's the Vector watch.
Leaning towards Garmin for the better fitness software but for now, the Band 2 is still working solid so I'll take my time.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Garmin supports notifications and then there's the Vector watch.
Leaning towards Garmin for the better fitness software but for now, the Band 2 is still working solid so I'll take my time.

No Garmin or other currently available wearable supports 2 way, meaning being able to "text back" from the wearable...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb