NOAA Hi Def Radar gone missing from store. Replacements?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
NOAA Hi Def Radar has gone missing from store. Yeah, I'm kind of ticked, because I paid for that app a while back.

I am looking for a good radar replacement that can give live info, not what happened 20 minutes ago or more. MyRadar is a joke comparatively speaking.

Any suggestions? This is for a Windows 10 PC/Tablet, but I would prefer a good UWP targeted at Windows 10 to run on my Windows 10 phone as well.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried installing the app trough your app library?

Sent from mTalk
Yes, that was where I went to find it. It gives an error message. I have a web link directly to the store from an article that Windows Central had done on it, and the Microsoft site comes up with a 404 error message stating the page doesn't exist.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I use. The severe weather alerts are nice too here in Tornado Alley.

MyRadar https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%2Fp%2Fmyradar%2F9wzdncrfhzn6&token=D46ZpK-_

I appreciate the suggestion, but the radar is usually 10 to 15 minutes old. NOAA Hi Def Radar was always within 5 minutes, usually within 1 or 2 minutes old. Plus you can't zoom in close to your neighborhood like you can with NOAA, or adjust the animations, etc.

I'm beginning to think there isn't one out there. I may have to settle for web rendering somewhere, if I can find a site to deliver it to my liking. However, most are bloated or are abysmal. That's what you get for being spoiled with one working so well.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I checked "My Library" to attempt to locate it again in the store, just in case of temporary error, and discovered it is no longer listed as an app that I have owned. After paying for this last year, it's pretty disgusting for it to just be removed.

I found something I like. Weather Radar Pro. It's nearly as good as what I had, but not available on Mobile. PC only. Wish it was UWP, but it's the best I can do for now.

SteveAB

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried to contact them (support@weathersphere.com) for a refund? It's not very ethical for them to charge you for a product, and then take it back. MS should provide some sort of recourse, if they want folks to use their store.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, in all honesty I did get to use the app for several years, and I used my Bing Rewards to buy it. Not really a refund due, I suppose. Still...

Nothing else comes close still. Rather irritating at this point. I can't even find a browser map I like as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6