Noisy processor!

CrippsCorner

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I returned two of them! Gave up and kept the third... with all the same issues.

I believe the problem with the noise is called 'coil whine' as I've heard others complaining about that too. Very frustrating but hey.

anzf

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
Same problem here. I bought the 2017 surface pro i5 two months ago. It was completely noiseless until about two weeks ago. Then i started hearing these weird noises when scrolling, and today it's even worse with awful high-pitched screeching and beeping noises... I can hear them even when music is playing! This is so f*** frustrating, i wonder what i'm gonna do about it. The noiselessness was exactly the reason why i bought that machine. I hope it's a software issue, but it's unlikely

athman8

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Well I haven't experienced everything there is to experience in the world, but one thing I have never heard of is a processor making noise. The reason I say it's impossible (in theory) is because CPUs have no moving parts. Reading your post, the first thing that comes to my mind is the hard drive. If you haven't already, I would take the side panel off of the tower and pinpoint the source of the noise (if it isn't, in fact, the CPU).

CrippsCorner

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. I bought the 2017 surface pro i5 two months ago. It was completely noiseless until about two weeks ago. Then i started hearing these weird noises when scrolling, and today it's even worse with awful high-pitched screeching and beeping noises... I can hear them even when music is playing! This is so f*** frustrating, i wonder what i'm gonna do about it. The noiselessness was exactly the reason why i bought that machine. I hope it's a software issue, but it's unlikely

Mine's actually increasingly got worse recently... getting near the end of the warranty period! Do I bother replacing again? Man :unhappy: don't know if I can be bothered now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos