Nokia 2520 MicroUSB

keva1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Sorry if this question has already been asked but are you able to connect your Nokia 2520 to a PC via a microUSB cable???? :unhappy:

I have a microUSB cable which I use for all my smart phones and PC peripherals. I thought it would be a simple case of connecting the 2520 to the PC and it will pick up the tab as an external hardrive/storage device so I can copy and paste files from the PC to the tab!?!

This didnt work and I thought it was because I didnt have a MicroSD card inserted into my Nokia 2520. I put one in and still nothing! The PC doesnt eve acknowdelge anything has been connected via the USB.

Please help! This is one of the reasons I wanted the Nokia. To simply copy and paste files from PC to tab and not use iTunes! All i want to do is transfer music/photos/vidoes to and from the PC.

I know I can use Skydrive but this takes too long and I dont always have internet access.

PLEASE HELP! :unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

PS - Its a USB 2.0 I am using.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

The 2520 is a PC, you cannot plug a PC into a PC. The only possible way would be to use a USB OTG (on the go) cable but I don't know if the 2520 supports OTG or not.

keva1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

As it runs on Windows RT I wasnt sure if that was the case. I dont want to keep taking out the MicroSD card to transfer files between my laptop and Nokia 2520. I guess I'm stuck with using Skydrive then which a bit of a bummer! I just thought it may pick up the MicsroSD card when I connect the 2520 to my laptop so I can 'drag and drop' photos/videos/music. Bit disapointed with that.

If anyone else has other suggestions to transfer files please suggest. It will be much appreciated :eek:rly:

trywithaustin

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

As it runs on Windows RT I wasnt sure if that was the case. I dont want to keep taking out the MicroSD card to transfer files between my laptop and Nokia 2520. I guess I'm stuck with using Skydrive then which a bit of a bummer! I just thought it may pick up the MicsroSD card when I connect the 2520 to my laptop so I can 'drag and drop' photos/videos/music. Bit disapointed with that.

If anyone else has other suggestions to transfer files please suggest. It will be much appreciated :eek:rly:

Use and OTG cable and may be a USB drive or a HD to transfer stuff between your tablet and PC. I know this is an additional step, but it is way faster than Wi-FI transfers on the same HOMEGROUP

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just for fun I decided to see how long it would take to transfer a 4GB video file from the desktop of my desktop PC to the SD card in my 2520. I started at my couch as if I were browsing the web or something and decided I wanted that movie on my tablet. I went to the desktop and browsed to my desktop on my PC and started the copy operation then opened up a window beside the desktop on the tablet so I could keep browsing while monitoring the download. Speeds were all over the place since my kids were also on the WiFi. It took 23:08 start to finish. Next, I tried using my USB 2.0 hard drive to do the transfer. I started at my couch again and walked down stairs to my desktop PC. Got the HD out and plugged it in. Dragged the file from the desktop onto the HD and then started browsing on the tablet. When the file finish transferring I found my USB 3 OTG cable and hooked the HD up to the tablet and moved the file to the tablet. This process took 16:23 but then I forgot to include walking back up to my couch to finish to simulate the original scenario.

I'm not curious enough to test to find what the "break even point" would be on file size. At least we have options.

keva1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Loll thanks for the responses.

I tried the same Homegroup option. It actually worked quite well. A 350MB file took around 2/3 minutes. I will stick to this for now but I will definately get a OTG cable and use an external hard drive as I have been meaning to get one for some time.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h