Nokia 525 available from Amazon

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I see Amazon has the Nokia 525 listed as available; but its selling for 189.99$ and the 520 is posted right next to it for 64.99$. Going to be a hard sell at that price while the 520 is still available for about a 1/3 of the price. Interesting to see how long they stay at that price, and if they can sell any at that price. A side note the 525 is a unlocked international version which is usually highter than the locked carrier version.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That's not quite a fair comparison. The 525 is factory unlocked. The 520 for $59.99 (current price from Amazon Prime) is AT&T locked. The factory unlocked 520, which I assume most of the world uses, is $137.33. Unless you're on AT&T, the 520 costs $137.33, not $59.99.

I'm curious; how much does the rest of the world pay for the 520? It seems that people always quote AT&T's price. Are the unlocked 520's that cheap in the rest of the world? Do other carriers outside the US have their own locked versions that they sell at a very low price like AT&T?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
What you say is true, but I can't help but wonder how in the world can they sell the AT&T version for such a cheap price. And its available from a ton of places (Best Buy, Radio Shack, Microsoft Store, Amazon etc). I know a bunch of them are sold in South America, India, Central America, etc. Also I am seeing the T-Mobile 521 is showing up at only about 10$ more than the 520 at a bunch of places. It would be interesting to see what Europe and the UK are selling the 520 for and what the Asian countries are gettting for the same phone. I know China has a weird network; but is the rest of Asia the same way. GSM is not a world wide thing. It would be interesting to see just how many different networks exist across the globe. All phones don't work everywhere; but how many different network radio's exist in our little Smartphone world?????????????????????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb