Nokia 720 Hang issue

irfanms

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, since I bought my Nokia 720 I always find my self restarting the phone (just like blackberry OS7) as the apps stop working or the screen goes black and won't respond, has any of you faced this issue and will the Nokia amber update solve this issue or not otherwise I might just sell it off? E.g : listening to music from Nokia music app, offline mixes after few track changes the app hangs and then you can play music use Skype etc unroll you restart, sometimes using Skype the app hangs ans the screen goes dark and the phone won't restart until u do it manually, these look like App issues but why can't 720 handle apps ?

lesnjoro

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
i presume you are yet to get the Amber update..
i had the same issue awhile back. seems to be app related. uninstalled some apps not sure which was the culprit but it seemed to help.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Lumia 720 since June and haven't faced any of the above issues. Yesterday I updated to amber and the phone works even faster.

You could try a hard reset or maybe update to Amber using NSU. It might help as GDR2 has a lot of bug fixes in that update.

irfanms

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Lumia 720 since June and haven't faced any of the above issues. Yesterday I updated to amber and the phone works even faster.

You could try a hard reset or maybe update to Amber using NSU. It might help as GDR2 has a lot of bug fixes in that update.

Yes I'm still waiting for the amber update, however I did a factory reset and only installed imp apps, like accu, whatsapp, Skype, Nokia music ... But who doesn't use these apps plus if u could chek n download some offline mixes and play em and see I'f it stops or hangs after 5-6 songs, using Skype sometimes it works n mostly it just hangs (not during a call) but before or after

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm still waiting for the amber update, however I did a factory reset and only installed imp apps, like accu, whatsapp, Skype, Nokia music ... But who doesn't use these apps plus if u could chek n download some offline mixes and play em and see I'f it stops or hangs after 5-6 songs, using Skype sometimes it works n mostly it just hangs (not during a call) but before or after

Make sure all the apps are updated. Haven't faced the offline mixes problem yet. I listen to offline mixes during my daily commute to work which is about 2hrs a day, 5 days a week. You can update to amber using NSU. But you will lose all data if you do it.

rahulm4sm

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
same with me, doesn't hang while on call but gets hang before or after the call.... dunno what to do about it..
the problem is in my lumia 520..

Namit Namdeo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I've purchased Lumia 720 in july.....it worked fine for a month and then it started to hang a lot.... now a days once in a day factory restart had to do......not sure about the problem......just wanted to know how to get amber update...can you please explain in details....

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've purchased Lumia 720 in july.....it worked fine for a month and then it started to hang a lot.... now a days once in a day factory restart had to do......not sure about the problem......just wanted to know how to get amber update...can you please explain in details....

Amber update is available OTA (Over The Air). All you need to do is goto settings->phone updates->check for updates.

Please note that you need to be connected to wifi to update your phone as you cannot update using mobile network.

senthamizh selvan

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I am facing these problem before the call, When I am gettign the call phone get struck and I was not able to answer the call but after some time it is working fine. Anybody know why LUMIA is behaving like this?

RosShan Aliyas

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
720 hangs a lot...its a worst phone..everytime hangs a lot in a day..jus a month is done of purchasing it and gave me worst experience -nokia
done with soft reset, hard reset n e1 been to nokia care for amber updATE still its the same problem i suffer..pleez help me out , do nokia will replace ma phone:cry:

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
720 hangs a lot...its a worst phone..everytime hangs a lot in a day..jus a month is done of purchasing it and gave me worst experience -nokia
done with soft reset, hard reset n e1 been to nokia care for amber updATE still its the same problem i suffer..pleez help me out , do nokia will replace ma phone:cry:

Could you be more specific about the problem you are facing? Ex when does phone "hang" a lot(like when running specific apps)?

shivak19

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i bought Lumia 720 3 months back it hangs alot , as touch not works while i receive any call and while working on any app suddenly phone freezes need to lock and unlock the phone multiple times to use again , tried with blocking all background applications , uninstalling apps , tried resetting the phone by self and by nokia care No go , please help on this ...:-(

sohailvad

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys even I stuck wit some issues. When I turn on my mobile network it hangs and I need to hard reset it. Any update on tha. It hangs almost al d time whn I turn on my data network. Really worried

Yog esh1

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
is lumia 720 hanging before call, that means you r using a flip cover for your phone please remove it and see and make a call again on same

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christina Bellot