• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Nokia Collection empty

U

Unregistered

Hi I'm using a Nokia Lumia 625 and today when I opened the windows phone store and when I opened Nokia collection it was empty. Please help me fix this problem.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Hey lets begin with a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button until your phone vibrates and reboot itself. Ignore the black screen to power off the phone. Also can you give us more details like what version of windows phone OS is your device running and were you using Wi-Fi/mobile data ?
Thanks. :smile:

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Did you just flash/update the OS? I have seen that all sections in the store don't immediately appear after a fresh install.

NightSky1

Aug 18, 2014
I have never done a soft reset before so could you please tell me if it would delete all my stored files on the phone? And also I did not update my phone as the Lumia cyan update is not available for my device yet

NightSky1

Aug 18, 2014
The OS version is 8.010517.150 I guess this is the latest one for my phone right because if I try to update it, it says that my phone is up to date.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
The OS version is 8.010517.150 I guess this is the latest one for my phone right because if I try to update it, it says that my phone is up to date.

What happens when you try a soft reset , also make sure date is correct in your windows phone :smile:

NightSky1

Aug 18, 2014
Yeah that's what I was asking that I don't know what a soft reset is and also I was messing around with the dates :p I changed the date to 2100 but I changed it back again and I'm sure the windows shop was fine before and it all happened after that probably.

NightSky1

Aug 18, 2014
But now the date is fine and j restarted my phone as well but it is still not fixed, I see 0 apps in Nokia collection.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
But now the date is fine and j restarted my phone as well but it is still not fixed, I see 0 apps in Nokia collection.

Strange , anyway you can still try a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button until your phone vibrates and reboot itself. This wont erase any of your personal data.

NightSky1

Aug 18, 2014
Wow I tried like 5 times to soft reset the phone but it won't vibrate like you said it would instead the slide to power off screen comes up?

NightSky1

Aug 18, 2014
Okay this time when I did that the phone didn't vibrate but it restarted and the dates were reset to 2013 etc in guessing that was a soft reset but I checked the store again and its still not fixed the Nokia collection folder

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Its not your device. I too, see only one app in Nokia collections now and I confirm that it was populated a few days ago. My best guess is that Microsoft is deprecating Nokia collections, as it is moving away from that name.

http://i.imgur.com/QPbrdSm.jpg

Can you see the Nokia/Here apps in the store otherwise?

Laura Knotek

Mar 31, 2012
So can people confirm that Nokia collections is now empty for everyone?

I only saw the Babel Rising game earlier, but now I see a bunch of apps.

wp_ss_20140819_0001.png

NightSky1

Aug 18, 2014
So is it a bug for like most of the people? Also I did not update my device yet as well. Is it like moving somewhere else under an another name?