NOKIA LOGO + GEARS + Dead battery icon

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
device: Nokia Lumia 1520
Can anyonehelp me? I'm really desperate.

I did everything from downgrading to 8.1 then
downloading windows insider app.

I am in the fast ring and got two updates.
> the latest build for windows10 mobile 100136 and the 8.1 reboot update
> i charged it to 100% = checked it on my status bar.
> now the I pressed install now then the Gears started spinning.
> it gave me a few PROGRESS then suddenly it went to the NOKIA logo and displayed a BATTERY low icon with a PLUG on it...

:( it keeps repeating like that I even have it plugged in all the time

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
While gears are spinning, Press VOLUME DOWN and POWER BUTTON together, keep pressed till phone goes blank, vibrates and NOKIA appears and then release the buttons.

2. Immediately press following buttons in sequence ONE by ONE i.e. press release..press release :

VOLUME UP
VOLUME DOWN
POWER
VOLUME DOWN

this one?

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset the phone using the button combo

• While gears are spinning, Press VOLUME DOWN and POWER BUTTON together, keep pressed till phone goes blank, vibrates and NOKIA appears and then release the buttons.
  • Immediately press following buttons in sequence ONE by ONE i.e. press release..press release :

VOLUME UP
VOLUME DOWN
POWER
VOLUME DOWN

this one?

stevenburkett

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I got it to install on Lumia Icon! It was getting very hot during all off the previous attempts where it showed a low battery. I saw on WPCentral that someone got it to install in a cool room at their office. So, I put it in the refrigerator.

Steps:
Charged it to 100%
While still plugged in, download the Windows 10 update.
When the phone restarts to start in update, unplug it and...
Put it in the refrigerator, with the back touching a cool shelf

The install, where the screen displays the gears, took 35 minutes in the refrigerator.
After the that process ended, I took it out, and let it finish migrating the data

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
​Omg, unbelievable! I had my doubts but this actually worked! This is what I did -

1. Flashed Indian ROM (from HK)
2. Didn't restore anything.
3. Deleted all 3rd party apps.
4. Installed Preview for Developers.
5. Completed all updates.
6. Installed Windows Insider and selected Fast Ring.
7. Downloaded build 10049.
8. When installation started (gears screen), put the phone in the refrigerator. It got to 100% after about 30 minutes and got stuck. Removed SD card and installation completed successfully!

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I got it to install on Lumia Icon! It was getting very hot during all off the previous attempts where it showed a low battery. I saw on WPCentral that someone got it to install in a cool room at their office. So, I put it in the refrigerator.

Steps:
Charged it to 100%
While still plugged in, download the Windows 10 update.
When the phone restarts to start in update, unplug it and...
Put it in the refrigerator, with the back touching a cool shelf

The install, where the screen displays the gears, took 35 minutes in the refrigerator.
After the that process ended, I took it out, and let it finish migrating the data

This is kinda hilarious but I might try this since yeah it keeps on overheating while upgrading. :D

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
​Omg, unbelievable! I had my doubts but this actually worked! This is what I did -

1. Flashed Indian ROM (from HK)
2. Didn't restore anything.
3. Deleted all 3rd party apps.
4. Installed Preview for Developers.
5. Completed all updates.
6. Installed Windows Insider and selected Fast Ring.
7. Downloaded build 10049.
8. When installation started (gears screen), put the phone in the refrigerator. It got to 100% after about 30 minutes and got stuck. Removed SD card and installation completed successfully!

thanks I will try this if the refrigator/cooling part doesn't work
since I got two response from the overheating process

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The refrigerator works. My phone was only a bit warm after the upgrade successfully finished. Without it I got that empty battery icon and could not get past it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion