Nokia Lumia 1525/30

Tony DeLuce

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Resolution is meaningless unless combined with two other parmeters: screen size and distance from screen. For the human eye to distinguish between 4k and 1080p on a 6 inch screen your eye literally must be within a couple inches of the screen (much closer than the typical viewing difference). The additional resolution also comes at a processing and consequently power consuption cost... 1080p on a 6 inch screen with 801 snapdragon is state of the art - the only real reason to go with a 805 snapdragon today is to drive more than a 1080p display or a greater than 21 Megapixel camera neither which we are likely to see tonight / tomorrow morning from Nokia on a 15XX...

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Resolution is meaningless unless combined with two other parmeters: screen size and distance from screen. For the human eye to distinguish between 4k and 1080p on a 6 inch screen your eye literally must be within a couple inches of the screen (much closer than the typical viewing difference). The additional resolution also comes at a processing and consequently power consuption cost... 1080p on a 6 inch screen with 801 snapdragon is state of the art - the only real reason to go with a 805 snapdragon today is to drive more than a 1080p display or a greater than 21 Megapixel camera neither which we are likely to see tonight / tomorrow morning from Nokia on a 15XX...

But if a Lumia 1525 came out with a Snapdragon 805 with a 1080p display, it would be the fastest phone ever, primarily because all other Snapdragon 805 devices came out with 2K displays, turning down the resolution boosts performance and benchmark scores.

But since most flagship devices with a 5.5 inch+ display are now 2k, if Nokia releases a refreshed version of 1520 people would expect it to be 2k.

Anyways if I was a 1520 owner, I wouldn't be worried at all.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
But if a Lumia 1525 came out with a Snapdragon 805 with a 1080p display, it would be the fastest phone ever, primarily because all other Snapdragon 805 devices came out with 2K displays, turning down the resolution boosts performance and benchmark scores.

But since most flagship devices with a 5.5 inch+ display are now 2k, if Nokia releases a refreshed version of 1520 people would expect it to be 2k.

Anyways if I was a 1520 owner, I wouldn't be worried at all.

Can you get me written statements from all 1520 users that they expect the 1525/30 to be 2k? Then I'll believe that "people" will expect it.

If the SD 810 allows for additional features that I want and that aren't available in the 800/801, I would care. Otherwise, the functionality of the OS is hardly different with a quad-core 2.3 GHz processor. Even the SD 400 is capable of running WP without noticeable lag.

Tony DeLuce

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Denin already alledgedly makes camera much much faster and battery aleady good enough. I would rather have the 801 today than wait until Spring for the 805 (when everyone will be talking about how much better the 900 is going to be :)

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I think the 1520 is perfect just as it is. If I didn't already have a 1520 it would be my next phone, period. I will address two issues you brought up: 1) it's slippery...most folks have a cover which negates any issues there; 2) Qi charge is overrated...most of us use the plug-in charger anyway. I had the Qi charge with my 920 and used it some at first because it was new but finally went with just the plug-in charging.

You are completely wrong. Just because you don't use the QI charger gives you no logical reasoning in your statement saying "most of us use the plug-in charger anyways.". QI charging is drastically improving and will continue to grow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124