Nokia Lumia 2520 Problems

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that even though I have never posted before, I am not here to bad talk Nokia. I am still very happy with my Nokia products and have had (2) 900, (2) 920, (1) 1020, and (1) 2520.

This is my experience with a 2520 at AT&T ...

11/22 - I buy a 1020 to get the 2520 @ $199
That same night, windows is reporting no battery present even though it will run off the battery with no power plug. I reset the device twice with no luck.

11/23 - I replace the 2520 with a new one in the store
The device is taken out the box and turned on in the store. Immediately there is a problem with light bleeding out of the top left corner. They call it dead pixels but say its the last one in stock. They would be getting another shipment soon and to bring home until then as it is working. I bring the device home and notice under different lighting that its not dead pixels but a wrinkle and rip of something under the glass. The light is bleeding out the tiny rip (picture attached and poor quality due to low lighting to show the bleed). I notice over the next few days that the left speaker is not working, but the right one is.

Thanksgiving holidays, no time to check if new shipment.

12/03 - I replace the 2520 with a new one in the store
The device is taken out the box and no light bleeding so I continue to sign in but it hangs and reboots. On reboot it all seems fine so I bring home. This is when I am plagued with BSOD after BSOD. I reset the device 3 times as it seems like a software issue and it keeps BSODing faster. At this point, I am getting frustrated and call AT&T warranty. They tell me they can't do anything until my 14 days are up, I have to bring back to store. I call Nokia and they tell me to go online to fill out a repair form where I will be without my device for at least 2 weeks, which is unacceptable. I am just trying to get a feel if my luck is just this bad or do I need to get my money back.

12/04 - I replace the 2520 with a new one in the store
At this point, it is BSODing so fast, I am having a hard time resetting. The AT&T rep tells me that I will have to leave my live login info written on a piece of paper that will be taped to the device. Not a freaking chance, some tell her no. She melts down about she won't use my info. I try to explain to her that its he same as her apple info, it has my CCs attached. She is so untrained that she had no hope of resetting faster than the BSOD, so I have to snatch it from her and do it (takes a couple tries). I do finally get a new one.

So this is where I am, 4th device and only a day into it but seems ok so far. The device is really good when it does in fact work, but is it work the headache? I probably would have gotten my money back after the 3rd but I got the $199 deal. That was the only reason I tried once more, and it shouldn't be that way.

Attachments

• WP_20131123_17_14_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20131123_17_14_45_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • WP_20131203_16_57_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20131203_16_57_09_Pro.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 0

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Ouch, rough time. I do think Nokia deserves some of your ire for QC issues. Nobody should have to go through that many exchanges.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention the fiasco possibly killed my chances on the keyboard. Called the number listed on the rebate site and they said it would be fine, but you know how that can go. They said to include all receipts to show the original was bought during the timeframe, but who knows who will receive it and just look at the last receipt being too late.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99