Nokia Lumia 630. A step backward?

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
All explained in the post directly above yours ;-)
that sounds really good, because i wanted this(absence of gps) not to be true, because i was looking towards buying a dual sim windows phone, absence of this would have forced me to change my decision...
i took it so, because most of the Samsung Android phones even high end ones do just have A-GPS, and it needs internet connection for location service..
Although i forgot nokia is no Samesung..

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The 630 does have 1GB of ram. But I also think it should have had a camera button, flash, and 720p screen. Then it would've been perfect. I mean how much additional cost would that have added? $10 of manufacturing cost?

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
To say I was disappointed on the announcement of the Nokia Lumia 630 would be an understatement. A person of a right man know that it is a downgrade compared to the 620. Its basically on par with the Nokia Lumia 520.

512 MB and no flash just killed the device for me. I understand that the phone is aimed at emerging markets and is supposed to be a low-end device but cheap phones like Moto G offers way better specs.

Nokia should have included 1 GB of RAM and flash. I'm okay with the lack of FFC and shutter button to keep the cost down.

Don't get me started on its design. Its an abomination. Damn bezels are thick as my eyebrows. If you want to have on screen buttons, why the huge bezels?

I'm just hoping the Lumia 730 and Lumia 830 won't disappoint. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with me? Sound it off!

Nokia Lumia 630 with 1 GB of RAM would have been a true successor of Nokia Lumia 620..
And as long as those "bezels" are concerned.. Trust me it doesn't looks that ugly..!

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The 630 does have 1GB of ram. But I also think it should have had a camera button, flash, and 720p screen. Then it would've been perfect. I mean how much additional cost would that have added? $10 of manufacturing cost?

+you forgot capacitive keys!! i hate on screen buttons,gestures like ipad or BB10 are perfectly acceptable but on screen keys are a pain, they take up a bit of the screen and the lack of physical keys and flash is the only thing missing in it in addition to the 720p screen thing

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Meh, I guess on the bright side, the Lumia 630 is dirt cheap. Even cheaper than Moto G. I just don't want those who get these device then complain bout the inability to get certain apps. Apps requiring 1GB of RAM is increasingly getting more and more.

Still, I'm really disappointed. Especially when you think about how the 630 is supposed to be the 620's successor.

Hope the 730/830 doesn't disappoint though.

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
To say I was disappointed on the announcement of the Nokia Lumia 630 would be an understatement. A person of a right man know that it is a downgrade compared to the 620. Its basically on par with the Nokia Lumia 520.

512 MB and no flash just killed the device for me. I understand that the phone is aimed at emerging markets and is supposed to be a low-end device but cheap phones like Moto G offers way better specs.

Nokia should have included 1 GB of RAM and flash. I'm okay with the lack of FFC and shutter button to keep the cost down.

Don't get me started on its design. Its an abomination. Damn bezels are thick as my eyebrows. If you want to have on screen buttons, why the huge bezels?

I'm just hoping the Lumia 730 and Lumia 830 won't disappoint. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with me? Sound it off!

yeah we are agreed with you . I just needs a frnt faced cam (vga) ,
rear cam flash & 768 mb of ram in
dual sim version for better
perfomance . 512 ram is too short for
wp .
Some sensors like proximity ,
ambient , compass
quad core 1.2 ghz
a cam shut button .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics