Nokia Lumia 720 Voice Quality Issues

Murali Dharan

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The best way i use my 720 is via bluetooth nd head set, if u use direct phone to attend the call mean than it will take 3 sec to other side people to listen.
The other way is go to service center and ask them to fix mic.

Shamit Tomar

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
The voice quality is low because of strong active noise cancellation feature and Nokia install additional mic to detect noise, nice there is no feature to adjust noise level in windows OS, you can close tiny hole for additional mic which is located very close to the flash LED.

after close hole the mic will not detect noise and primary mic sensitivity much will improve during call.

I suggest Nokia/ Microsoft add feture in OS to control noise level adjustment, since many have isuue in mic.

See attachment for hole location. use magnified glass to see hole on phone.

View attachment 34332

Great. But, how to fill that hole. Any quick ideas. It is so small. I tried with paper but could not succeed. Tape also does not work :(

NikiNo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I too am facing voice issues. The receiver hears my voice after about 4 seconds. Then the receiver also complaints of voice fading in and out throughout the call. Also, if I have my phone on 3G, then the other end can hardly hear me. Only on 2G I a okay call is possible. I also notice that when the phone in on 3g, then the signal bars keep fluctuating but on 2G it remains fairly stable. WHY IS NOKIA OR MICROSOFT RESPONDING TO THIS ISSUE???

I have even taken my to a service center and they said that I will have use only 2G on this phone. What a a lousy product from Nokia. I have been a Nokia fan always. This will be my last Nokia phone ever if this issue is not fixed ASAP by either NOKIA or MS.

Ahmad Wali

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing this issue and quiet surprised why is that so because when I called customer care of my network carrier to test, it was fine. I received couple of calls and some calls were having a fading voice and the next moment it comes back. I was thinking it is a problem the way I am holding it to my ear. Spent almost $320 on this product (not a small amount) and you get sub-standard performance. :asleep::asleep:

ganeshpaimv

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Today, after almost 3 months of purchasing the 720, I am facing this issue. No one I call can hear me. I tried recording my voice using the video option of the camera, used Front-facing camera. I played it back, and I can hear my voice.

I tried the following
1. Soft Reset - Did not resolve the issue
2. Hard reset - Did not resolve the issue.

Can anyone please help me with this?

I am going to try using a sim from another provider, as someone has kindly pointed out.

If anyone else has any updates, please let me know.

To Nokia/Microsoft,

I request you folks to look into this matter with UTMOST URGENCY... you are losing a huge fanbase, with not responding to such grievances.

gurbachan singh

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I too am facing voice issues. The receiver hears my voice after about 4 seconds. Then the receiver also complaints of voice fading in and out throughout the call.

Karan Agrawal

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes even I feel this needs to be resolved as the voice is hardy clear and audible unlike other mobiles where we can hear cleat and sharp sound.
Please help..

ambitious057

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
after close hole the mic will not detect noise and primary mic sensitivity much will improve during call.
- how can I close the mic ? please help. I am facing noise fading during voice call in my newly brought Lumia 720.. :(

ambitious057

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I purchased Nokia Lumia 720 a week ago. Since than, I am facing sound fade problem while making call. The dstination number can hear my voice clearly, but I hear the voice getting **bleep**. Seems there is something extra noise.I tried with another network sim, but same result. The problem is persist even I change the sim. I can't hear the other party voice clearly .. :smileysad:
Please help to fix the issue.. I've purchased from nokia care and have warranty card for 1 year. Thanks

cmykay

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am like all of you who posted here. My Lumia 720 has terrible call quality issues like fluctuating signals (on 3G), call recipient cannot hear my voice, and sometimes dropped calls too. Mind you, I'm living in urban Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!

Kenneth Brosas

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Today, after almost 3 months of purchasing the 720, I am facing this issue. No one I call can hear me. I tried recording my voice using the video option of the camera, used Front-facing camera. I played it back, and I can hear my voice.

I tried the following
1. Soft Reset - Did not resolve the issue
2. Hard reset - Did not resolve the issue.

Can anyone please help me with this?

I am going to try using a sim from another provider, as someone has kindly pointed out.

If anyone else has any updates, please let me know.

To Nokia/Microsoft,

I request you folks to look into this matter with UTMOST URGENCY... you are losing a huge fanbase, with not responding to such grievances.

We've got the same problem.. Nokia pls help :(

stnnetindia

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am hearing scrathing sound when someone call. Really irritating. Person at other end can hear me. Only i cant hear clear sound. Its like somebody is scratching earphone with pin or knife sounds at random times like sshhhh... Anyone with same experience?

headset and Bluetooth having no problem.what to do?

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Your wish mate, but do write that you own 720 and cant comment about awesomeness of other sexy yet powerful Lumia phones..eg. 900series.. I know WP is lagging but I am sure its best and growing very fast... Each day a new update and a new release is making me very excited...

Send via son of nokia 3110

Prasun Banerjee

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Lightning strikes twice ... I bought my Lumia 720 on 18th Nov, from Day 1 , my wired headset only had sound from one ear piece , there is a loose connection and when i keep the phone pressed near the top left ... the sound comes from both ear pieces ... havent tried bluetooth devices ... but multiple wired headsets have the same issue ... nokia care opened the set ... cleaned it ... problem remained ...
now yesterday my microphone went kaput ... when i use voice commands , the equaliser is not even registering any sound ... the only way to use is through headset. have to suffer through it for a couple of days as i do not have time to visit nokia care.

Inspite of this , bought my wife a 720 on 24th dec ... from day 1 , she can hear scratching noise in the speaker (not on speaker phone or headset) ...

Considering that these problems occured literally from the time of opening of box ... any idea if the policy of nokia is to repair or replace the sets ?

avikusan

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Yaksh, answering your query only. If you try talking with the phone held between your ears and shoulder, the noice cancellation mic assumes your voice distant enough to be considered as a noise. Hence the fading out of voice.

Solution: HOLD the phone and cup your palm under the phone. The microphone would pick your voice and trust me, it would be as clear as you sitting right beside the person you are calling.

Voice would crackle when you hold it between your ear and shoulder and it is more or less the case with most of the phones with noise cancellation.

Hope this helped. :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria