Nokia lumia 900 schizo phone!!!

Griff900

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Firstly just like to say hi to all & cracking little forum you have here... Right here goes...

I have a Nokia lumia 900 that seems to have a mind of its own,,firstly it started vibrateing
on its own until soft reset,secondly it started flickering with vertical lines.. now it will boot up
but only showing pixelated pic... as in half of screen with nothing on just blue....
So thought ok got to be the screen so ordered a new one which turned up today but still doing
exactly the same any ideas???,, also tried hard reset but still the same... will try and get a pic
on of the screen as I think you`ll understand me a bit easier!!!... Thanks...... :unhappysweat:
Couple of pics......

100_1031.JPG
100_1032.JPG

Last edited:

Griff900

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think you can do anything about that if changing the screen didn't help... :cry:

Didn't think so mate,just got another off ebay with a broken screen so lets see if I can scramble one together...
Thanks for the reply dev...

Griff900

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Well after thinking well balls to it my phones knackered, I had one more thing
to try???.
Having repaired a few xboxs in my time I thought hey what the hell why not try
a reflow on the pcb because obviously that's where the problem was...
Well got the hot air gun out and intrickitly heated the board up to solder melting
point.. (what ever that is)...Being careful not to melt the ribbon point slots and other
plastic bits.
After about 2mins either side I left it to cool & here`s the result..... :winktongue:

She`s Alive!!!!

100_1033.JPG
100_1034.JPG

On the downside I did fry the front camera but hey there only ?6.85 for a new one!!!! :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion