Nokia Lumia 920 Battery

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or does it suck? I took my phone off the charge around 9 am and now, at 12:45 my battery is at 24%. Sure, I've been using it to surf the internet here and there - haven't made any calls, sent any texts, downloaded any apps, watched any videos, or played any music - just surfed the web and read articles from the ESPN app.

I have my screen brightness set to "medium" and brightness to automatically adjust. Even so, I would think on maximum brightness, I should be able to get more than 4 hours out of my phone with intermittent web browsing. I could maybe see if I had been using the phone for a straight 4 hours.

Anyone else experiencing poor battery life?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or has everyone forgotten how to use the search function so they don't generate 47 different posts about the same battery complaints?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or does it suck? I took my phone off the charge around 9 am and now, at 12:45 my battery is at 24%. Sure, I've been using it to surf the internet here and there - haven't made any calls, sent any texts, downloaded any apps, watched any videos, or played any music - just surfed the web and read articles from the ESPN app.

I have my screen brightness set to "medium" and brightness to automatically adjust. Even so, I would think on maximum brightness, I should be able to get more than 4 hours out of my phone with intermittent web browsing. I could maybe see if I had been using the phone for a straight 4 hours.

Anyone else experiencing poor battery life?

Considering the multiple massive threads about this already, it's clearly not you. You should have looked in the 920 forum not the WP8 OS forum.

And Go into Settings > Swipe right to applications > Block Nokia Drive from running int he background.

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or has everyone forgotten how to use the search function so they don't generate 47 different posts about the same battery complaints?

You're right, I should have searched first; but there are ways to sat that without sounding like a complete douche. No one made you open the thread.

Thanks for suggestions guys. I'll check out the 920 forum (I didn't realize it had it's own dedicated forum).

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You're right, I should have searched first; but there are ways to sat that without sounding like a complete douche. No one made you open the thread.

Thanks for suggestions guys. I'll check out the 920 forum (I didn't realize it had it's own dedicated forum).

Like I mentioned in the battery thread created at the almost exact same time as yours;

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-os-discussion/202306.htm?highlight=battery

http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201672.htm?highlight=battery

http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201868.htm?highlight=battery

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok here is my setup.
Lumia 920 (White!!!!)
Facebook updates
words with friends update
Weather.com app running
Hotmail and corporate exchange polling every hour
Nokia Drive beta app disabled to run in the background

I pulled it off the charged at 6 am started playing music non stop via the headphone jack from 7am to noon. Bluetooth streamed music in my car during lunch for a half hour and it is now 12:41 pm.

Little over 6 hours of use and my battery shows 92% full. I have read on this forum the drive beta suck down battery life like nobody's business.

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Further update 7:15 pm, played music for about 8 hours today, downloaded a few apps and read some stories on weave I am now at 58%.

So far this thing is killing my old HD7.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok here is my setup.

Lumia 920 (White!!!!)

Facebook updates

words with friends update

Weather.com app running

Hotmail and corporate exchange polling every hour

Nokia Drive beta app disabled to run in the background

I pulled it off the charged at 6 am started playing music non stop via the headphone jack from 7am to noon. Bluetooth streamed music in my car during lunch for a half hour and it is now 12:41 pm.

Little over 6 hours of use and my battery shows 92% full. I have read on this forum the drive beta suck down battery life like nobody's business.

Thanks for the input, and certainly don't want to doubt you. but how is it you had your phone off a charger for nearly 7 hours and have only drained 8% when pretty much every other smartphone owner in the world will see a 1-2% drop (minimum) per hour with the phone in their pocket. Do you have data or WiFi turned on? Was your phone plugged into a USB port while listening to music? I assuming you were playing music loaded on your phone and not streaming? I also presume you had the screen off almost always over those 7 hours as I would estimate the 920 burns about 6-7% per hour with screen on. About 11% per hour when doing something on the web.

Don't have a 920, but I have done about 500 hours of battery testing on an L900 and Surround, so have a pretty good idea of what drains your battery. From everything I have read there is probably something causing an issue, although much of the chatter is more likely honeymoon effect. If I was independently wealthy I would pick up a 920 tomorrow and have some real answers in a day or two. I sympathize with those having real problems. it can be very frustrating.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input, and certainly don't want to doubt you. but how is it you had your phone off a charger for nearly 7 hours and have only drained 8% when pretty much every other smartphone owner in the world will see a 1-2% drop (minimum) per hour with the phone in their pocket. Do you have data or WiFi turned on? Was your phone plugged into a USB port while listening to music? I assuming you were playing music loaded on your phone and not streaming? I also presume you had the screen off almost always over those 7 hours as I would estimate the 920 burns about 6-7% per hour with screen on. About 11% per hour when doing something on the web.

Don't have a 920, but I have done about 500 hours of battery testing on an L900 and Surround, so have a pretty good idea of what drains your battery. From everything I have read there is probably something causing an issue, although much of the chatter is more likely honeymoon effect. If I was independently wealthy I would pick up a 920 tomorrow and have some real answers in a day or two. I sympathize with those having real problems. it can be very frustrating.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Data and wifi were both turned on as well as NFC and BT though they werent being accessed until I was in the car. My phone was not at any point plugged into a usb port. You are correct the music was loaded on my device, I am not a fan of streaming if I dont have to and with my Zune I mean er Xbox pass:mad: I just download the album I want to listen to. Though I didnt download any music today. The screen was always off during playing unless I needed to use the phone. To leave your screen on is just asking to waste your battery.

I am not gonna deny that there could be something wrong with the phones, actually I really believe the Drive app running in the back ground destroys the battery. The phone is still at 58%, for Sh!ts and Grins I will leave it off the charger tonight and see what if anything it is in the morning. Just have to set my real alarm now just in case the 920 doesn't make it.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I do not have a WP8 phone yet. (later this week I hope) Anyway, this thread reminded me of my HTC Thunderbolt. I bought it on day 1 and the battery life sucked for a while. Eventually it got better and better. Now it can go all day without needing charged unless my kids drain it playing Angry Birds for hours on end.

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
24 hours later I am at 42%, downloaded the skype preview twice last night and had all my emails pushed every hour on the hour through out the night.

Though in thinking about that I should schedule my emails, there is no need for them to push from midnight to 5 am so that would save on battery life if I find my self in a situation where I couldn't charge over the evening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)