Nokia Lumia 920 is available on 11/9 for purchase

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
today I asked an AT&T store employee and he checked his screen and told me it would be this Fri $99 on contract with black charging mat included. Damn my stupid 6/13 contract end date!
You could add a line for 10 bucks then they charge you for a data plan... however you can either buy or find a crappy dumb phone then call ATT up once you head home and cancel your data plan when you put your sim in the 'dumb phone'. Now you'll just pay $10 bucks a month for that extra line for a lumia 920.
Might seem crazy but that is what I'm doing.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope MS store doesn't lollygag like on mango devices and not stock until much later. I much rather deal with MS policies than the goons at att who once didn't want to return a phone I bought the same day that refused to power on even for their techs "take it to apple"

When I bought my Titan at MS the salesman kindly took it back when it had a dead pixel and refused to let me settle on any sort of defect when second unit had dust under camera lense.

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy

Guys,

I am sorry if this is off-topic for this thread, but the Best Buy ads are out and I wanted to know if off-contract (600$) mean unlocked? Or it can still work only on ATT?

600$ might be cheaper than in my country (India) and I would love to pick the cyan version from US.

Thank you
Nilesh

kingkoopa09

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I just called customer care a few minutes ago and she stated it had no exact date some time mid November and the only preorders available now is the galaxy note 2 with their date set for November 9, she had no price or date which sucks because im ready for my black Nokia to go with my black surface

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
99$ Boom! The world explodes!

Alright, now who said it would not be $99? I think you all owe everyone a Lumia 920. (kidding of course, lol)

Crazy crazy!

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is finally spilling the beans on how much its Windows Phone 8 handsets will set you back if you plump for a two-year deal. Nokia's Lumia 920 costs $99.99, $50 less than previously speculated, and will come with a free wireless charging plate. If your wallet can't (or won't) stretch that far, then you can snag a Lumia 820 for just $49.99, the same price as last generation's flagship. If you've had your eye turned by HTC's much-lauded Windows Phone 8X, then you can select an 8GB limited edition version in blue or limelight (yellow) for $99.99, or a 16GB device for $199.99. Both of the Nokia handsets will be available to pre-order from the 7th (tomorrow) and available on the 9th (Friday), while the 8X should be rolling around "before Thanksgiving." Now that 'Ma Bell has tipped her hand, it's now down to Verizon, which is expected to make its riposte on Thursday. - engadget

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is finally spilling the beans on how much its Windows Phone 8 handsets will set you back if you plump for a two-year deal. Nokia's Lumia 920 costs $99.99, $50 less than previously speculated, and will come with a free wireless charging plate. If your wallet can't (or won't) stretch that far, then you can snag a Lumia 820 for just $49.99, the same price as last generation's flagship. If you've had your eye turned by HTC's much-lauded Windows Phone 8X, then you can select an 8GB limited edition version in blue or limelight (yellow) for $99.99, or a 16GB device for $199.99. Both of the Nokia handsets will be available to pre-order from the 7th (tomorrow) and available on the 9th (Friday), while the 8X should be rolling around "before Thanksgiving." Now that 'Ma Bell has tipped her hand, it's now down to Verizon, which is expected to make its riposte on Thursday. - engadget
Link:

AT&T announces pricing and availability for its Windows Phone 8 lineup -- Engadget

Pic:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7ea93a077d4c3674&id=7EA93A077D4C3674%211878&sff=1

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have a couple of questions for you smartphone pros!

My wife and I have T-mobile. We have dumb phones (cheap sliders). We have never had smart phones or a dataplan. My wife's contract has already expired and she is eligible for an upgrade. My contract expires at the end of December.

We want two new Lumia 920s so we are planning to make the switch to AT&T. We were not impressed with T-Mobile's offerings and the $99.00 deal for a Lumia 920 cannot be beat!

Questions:

1) Where do we pre-order? Should we do it on-line (starting tomorrow) or do it in the store? Does it matter? Sounds like you may not be able to pre-order in the store?

2) Can AT&T assume our current phone numbers? I assume my contract with T-Mobile will have to be full-filled first?

If my number cannot be assumed, I will just sign a new contract with AT&T and overlap for a month and a half and then cancel my service with TMobile at the end of December.

Espeland

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of buying this from AT&T, am going to The States now and staying there until the 16th. Is the Lumia 920 going to be seller without a contract by then, or will it take a couple of months because of the exlusivity?

And do anybody know if they are selling this at det Microsoft Store?

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So I have a couple of questions for you smartphone pros!

My wife and I have T-mobile. We have dumb phones (cheap sliders). We have never had smart phones or a dataplan. My wife's contract has already expired and she is eligible for an upgrade. My contract expires at the end of December.

We want two new Lumia 920s so we are planning to make the switch to AT&T. We were not impressed with T-Mobile's offerings and the $99.00 deal for a Lumia 920 cannot be beat!

Questions:

1) Where do we pre-order? Should we do it on-line (starting tomorrow) or do it in the store? Does it matter? Sounds like you may not be able to pre-order in the store?

2) Can AT&T assume our current phone numbers? I assume my contract with T-Mobile will have to be full-filled first?

If my number cannot be assumed, I will just sign a new contract with AT&T and overlap for a month and a half and then cancel my service with TMobile at the end of December.

1) The press release says online, but I'm gonna bet you can probably go into a store and pre-order as well (unless the online form is also taking store pre-orders, unlikely). Best to call your nearest store and ask them before going in.

2) AT&T should be able to bring your numbers over, regardless of whether or not your contract has been fulfilled. Once they do it, T-Mobile will automatically cancel your account and send your final bill (including any associated termination fees, etc.). Be sure not to cancel your account before you transfer your number. Bring along a copy of your T-Mobile bill to make the process go faster.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just called att and they said its not going to be available until the nov 11 not the 9. The woman I spoke to even put me on hold and asked someone else . I told her I read it from the press release and she said according to all of their systems it's set for the 11th. I dunno

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's a question about preordering. My bill is due the 8th can I still preorder or does the bill have to be paid before I preorder ?

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question about preordering. My bill is due the 8th can I still preorder or does the bill have to be paid before I preorder ?

You cannot have any past due bills. A current balance that isn't due yet is fine, but it just can't go past due. That's when the system denies any type of contract changes (such as an upgrade).

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now they can move some boxes :) Good for Nokia.. once they get a stronger hold of the market, they can go up in price.

The only problem they have is, such deal doesn't exist anywhere in the world, but here in the US.. the phone is much more expensive everywhere else.

I am not saying we don't pay for it with our 2 year contracts, but still.. you are paying for the service anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire